EXCLUSIVE: Cheech Marin has been tapped to co-star opposite Rob Schneider in the actor’s untitled CBS comedy, which recently received an order for another pilot and several backup scripts as it remains in strong midseason consideration. The multi-camera comedy, which Schneider co-wrote with Lew Morton based on the actor’s real-life experience, stars Schneider as Rob, a confirmed bachelor who has just married into a tight-knit Mexican-American family. The retooling of the CBS Studios/Tannenbaum Co. project includes recasting three family members, Rob’s wife and her parents. Marin will play Rob’s father-in-law Fernando, a role played in the original pilot by Ugly Betty alum Tony Plana. In addition to Schneider, returning from the first pilot are Eugenio Derbez as the wife’s uncle and Lupe Ontiveros as her grandmother. This past development season, Marin co-starred in another family comedy pilot, Fox’s Outnumbered. Marin, managed by Anonymous Content, next reprises the voice of Ramone in Cars 2.
Cheech Marin Joins CBS' Rob Schneider Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest TV News
- Max Greenfield Makes Reservation For ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’
- NASCAR 600 Ratings Slow Down, ‘Battle Creek’ Ends Even, ‘A.D.’ Ratings Dip
- Charter Nears $55B Deal To Buy Time Warner Cable: Reports
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82