EXCLUSIVE: Cheech Marin has been tapped to co-star opposite Rob Schneider in the actor’s untitled CBS comedy, which recently received an order for another pilot and several backup scripts as it remains in strong midseason consideration. The multi-camera comedy, which Schneider co-wrote with Lew Morton based on the actor’s real-life experience, stars Schneider as Rob, a confirmed bachelor who has just married into a tight-knit Mexican-American family. The retooling of the CBS Studios/Tannenbaum Co. project includes recasting three family members, Rob’s wife and her parents. Marin will play Rob’s father-in-law Fernando, a role played in the original pilot by Ugly Betty alum Tony Plana. In addition to Schneider, returning from the first pilot are Eugenio Derbez as the wife’s uncle and Lupe Ontiveros as her grandmother. This past development season, Marin co-starred in another family comedy pilot, Fox’s Outnumbered. Marin, managed by Anonymous Content, next reprises the voice of Ramone in Cars 2.
Cheech Marin Joins CBS' Rob Schneider Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign