USA’s spy drama Covert Affairs opened its second season with 4.6 million viewers last night, down 7% from its series debut last July. In adults 18-49, the series starring Piper Perabo drew 1.9 million, down 10% from last year when Covert Affairs logged the highest-rated scripted cable premiere of the year in the demo. Covert Affair‘s lead-in, the third season of White Collar, averaged 4 million total viewers. That was down 7% from last July’s premiere when the series starring Matt Bomer also was paired with Covert Affairs, but up 2% from its winter premiere earlier this year. Both years, the premieres of Covert Affairs and White Collar aired against stiff competition. This year, it was the NBA Finals and The Voice, last year, it was the monster episode of Deadliest Catch featuring the death of Capt. Phil Harris, the series finale of The Hills and MLB.
CABLE RATINGS: OK Return For USA's 'Covert Affairs' And 'White Collar'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest TV News
- Barkeep Hillary Clinton Sets ‘Em Up For Laughs On ‘Saturday Night Live’ Premiere
- Scooter Braun & Cyber Group Partner On ‘Rock Angels’ Animated Musical Series – Mipcom
- Abby Huntsman Joins Fox News As Reporter
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Adds Paddy Considine, International Intrigue & More As Season 3 Shoot Begins
- ‘Dr. Ken’ Ratings Debut Solid, ‘Blue Bloods’ Viewership Rises, ABC Wins Night In Demo
- Stephen Colbert Talks Oregon Shooting, McCarthy’s Benghazi “Little White Truth”