USA’s spy drama Covert Affairs opened its second season with 4.6 million viewers last night, down 7% from its series debut last July. In adults 18-49, the series starring Piper Perabo drew 1.9 million, down 10% from last year when Covert Affairs logged the highest-rated scripted cable premiere of the year in the demo. Covert Affair‘s lead-in, the third season of White Collar, averaged 4 million total viewers. That was down 7% from last July’s premiere when the series starring Matt Bomer also was paired with Covert Affairs, but up 2% from its winter premiere earlier this year. Both years, the premieres of Covert Affairs and White Collar aired against stiff competition. This year, it was the NBA Finals and The Voice, last year, it was the monster episode of Deadliest Catch featuring the death of Capt. Phil Harris, the series finale of The Hills and MLB.
CABLE RATINGS: OK Return For USA's 'Covert Affairs' And 'White Collar'
What's Hot on Deadline
Tony Award Nominations: British Plays, American Tuners Split 2015 Noms; 'Fish,' 'Finding Neverland,' 'Zhivago' Blanked
Latest TV News
- Cablevision Has A Deal With Hulu, But Won’t Say What It Entails
- Winter Ave Zoli, Kelly Overton, Aisling Franciosi, Steve Kazee Join TNT’s ‘Legends’
- PILOTS 2015: NBC Dramas Begin Staffing
- Transformers, G.I. Joe, Other Hasbro Animated Series Storm Vimeo On Demand
- ‘Flesh And Bone’ Trailer: First Look At Starz Gritty Ballet Drama
- ‘Stalker’ Ratings Rise In New Slot, ‘Gotham’ & ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Steady, ‘2 Broke…