USA’s spy drama Covert Affairs opened its second season with 4.6 million viewers last night, down 7% from its series debut last July. In adults 18-49, the series starring Piper Perabo drew 1.9 million, down 10% from last year when Covert Affairs logged the highest-rated scripted cable premiere of the year in the demo. Covert Affair‘s lead-in, the third season of White Collar, averaged 4 million total viewers. That was down 7% from last July’s premiere when the series starring Matt Bomer also was paired with Covert Affairs, but up 2% from its winter premiere earlier this year. Both years, the premieres of Covert Affairs and White Collar aired against stiff competition. This year, it was the NBA Finals and The Voice, last year, it was the monster episode of Deadliest Catch featuring the death of Capt. Phil Harris, the series finale of The Hills and MLB.
CABLE RATINGS: OK Return For USA's 'Covert Affairs' And 'White Collar'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bradley Cooper-Directed 'A Star Is Born' & Disney's 'Overnight On 42nd Street' Among 13 Films Picked For California Film Incentives
Natalie Portman, Nicholas Hoult & Thandie Newton Board Xavier Dolan's 'The Death And Life Of John F. Donovan' - Berlin
Latest TV News
- Joe Wright To Direct ‘Black Mirror’ Ep For Netflix; Bryce Dallas Howard And Alice Eve To Star
- Starz-Lionsgate Merger Talks Stall After Both Companies’ Stocks Swoon
- James Corden’s Adele Carpool Karaoke Sets Late-Night YouTube Record
- Carly Fiorina Quits, Chris Christie Follows As Hopes Dashed For Podium At CBS’ Debate – Update
- ‘Ash Vs Evil Dead’ Adds Lee Majors & Ted Raimi To Season 2 Cast On Starz
- Bob Costas To Anchor NBC’s Olympics In Primetime For Record 11th Time