CAA has signed Davis Guggenheim, director of the Oscar-winning documentary An Inconvenient Truth. Guggenheim, who is at work on a documentary about U2, last directed Waiting for Superman, winner of the Audience Award at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival. Guggenheim, who’d been repped by WME, also previously directed and produced the riveting music docu It Might Get Loud with U2’s The Edge, Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page and White Stripes’ Jack White, and he directed the biographical film on Barack Obama that aired during the 2008 Democratic National Convention. He also directs a lot of television, including The Unit and The Defender, and has an overall deal with CBS/Paramount Television.
CAA Signs 'Inconvenient Truth' Docu Director Davis Guggenheim
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest Film News
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?