CAA has signed Davis Guggenheim, director of the Oscar-winning documentary An Inconvenient Truth. Guggenheim, who is at work on a documentary about U2, last directed Waiting for Superman, winner of the Audience Award at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival. Guggenheim, who’d been repped by WME, also previously directed and produced the riveting music docu It Might Get Loud with U2’s The Edge, Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page and White Stripes’ Jack White, and he directed the biographical film on Barack Obama that aired during the 2008 Democratic National Convention. He also directs a lot of television, including The Unit and The Defender, and has an overall deal with CBS/Paramount Television.
CAA Signs 'Inconvenient Truth' Docu Director Davis Guggenheim
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Film News
- Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn’t – But Who’s Complaining After Cinema’s…
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Cannes: Audiard’s ‘Dheepan’ Wins Palme D’Or At Emotional, Musical Ceremony – Update
- Mathematician John Nash, Subject Of ‘A Beautiful Mind’, Dies In Car Crash
- Bart & Fleming: Girl Power Pics, Cate Blanchett, Melissa McCarthy, Suzanne Somers And Disney Self-Absorption
- Memorial Day B.O. Runs Cold: ‘Tomorrowland’ Is No Flying Car With $40.7M Bow – Second Sunday Update