CAA has signed Davis Guggenheim, director of the Oscar-winning documentary An Inconvenient Truth. Guggenheim, who is at work on a documentary about U2, last directed Waiting for Superman, winner of the Audience Award at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival. Guggenheim, who’d been repped by WME, also previously directed and produced the riveting music docu It Might Get Loud with U2’s The Edge, Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page and White Stripes’ Jack White, and he directed the biographical film on Barack Obama that aired during the 2008 Democratic National Convention. He also directs a lot of television, including The Unit and The Defender, and has an overall deal with CBS/Paramount Television.
CAA Signs 'Inconvenient Truth' Docu Director Davis Guggenheim
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'
- Electric Entertainment To Co-Fi Anthony Hopkins Pic 'Go With Me'
- Jacki Weaver Joins James Franco's 'Zeroville'
- Martin Scorsese & Amir Bar-Lev Truckin' On Grateful Dead Documentary Film
- TWC Acquires April Prosser Script 'Plus One'
- Brad Pitt Squirms 'Between Two Ferns': Video