Vicky Free, who most recently led strategic marketing efforts at Turner Broadcasting System, has been named EVP Marketing at BET Networks, where she will oversee the strategy for BET, BET.com, BET Mobile and Centric. She will report directly to BET chairman and CEO Debra Lee. “We are thrilled to have Vicky join BET Networks given her strong experience in the cable industry and keen understanding in creating thoughtful brands and engaging the consumer it serves,” Lee said. At Turner, Free helped launch the Emerging Markets and Promotions Group, which created campaigns for Tyler Perry’s House of Payne and The Closer.
BET Taps Ex-Turner Exec As EVP Marketing
Trending Now on Deadline
Global Showbiz Briefs: 'Top Gear' Hosts Attacked In Argentina Over License Plate; Samantha Glynne Named VP Branded Entertainment At FremantleMedia; More
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories