Vicky Free, who most recently led strategic marketing efforts at Turner Broadcasting System, has been named EVP Marketing at BET Networks, where she will oversee the strategy for BET, BET.com, BET Mobile and Centric. She will report directly to BET chairman and CEO Debra Lee. “We are thrilled to have Vicky join BET Networks given her strong experience in the cable industry and keen understanding in creating thoughtful brands and engaging the consumer it serves,” Lee said. At Turner, Free helped launch the Emerging Markets and Promotions Group, which created campaigns for Tyler Perry’s House of Payne and The Closer.
BET Taps Ex-Turner Exec As EVP Marketing
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal - Turning Tragedy Into Legacy
More From Team
- UPDATE: 'Cops' Crew Member Bryce Dion Dies After Being Shot During Robbery Standoff
- Now On Its Own, Millennium Entertainment Acquires David Burris' Thriller 'The World Made Straight'
- Former Discovery Exec Andrew Jackson Joins Grant Mansfield's Plimsoll Productions
- 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Crosses $500M In Global B.O.
- Longtime Fox TV Sales Exec Jean Rossi Exiting
- Amazon's 'Transparent' Set For September 26 Debut: Video