Relativity Media has announced that it has tapped Watchman screenwriter Alex Tse to pen the company’s “reinvention” of The Crow, which first appeared as a 1994 film starring Brandon Lee that was based on the James O’Barr comic book series. Bradley Cooper is attached to star and Juan Carlos Fresnadillo is aboard to direct. Tse is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment. Of course, this is the project, from Edward R. Pressman and Apaches Entertainment, that has Relativity and the Weinstein Company trading lawsuits over disputed distribution rights to the pic; the Weinstein brothers distributed the 1994 film via their Miramax.
Alex Tse To Pen Relativity's 'Crow' Redo
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.5M; Jackie Chan's 'Skiptrace' Nails $64M Bow - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest Film News
- Panama Papers Movie Set At Netflix; John Wells Teams With Journos Who Broke Story
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box…