Relativity Media has announced that it has tapped Watchman screenwriter Alex Tse to pen the company’s “reinvention” of The Crow, which first appeared as a 1994 film starring Brandon Lee that was based on the James O’Barr comic book series. Bradley Cooper is attached to star and Juan Carlos Fresnadillo is aboard to direct. Tse is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment. Of course, this is the project, from Edward R. Pressman and Apaches Entertainment, that has Relativity and the Weinstein Company trading lawsuits over disputed distribution rights to the pic; the Weinstein brothers distributed the 1994 film via their Miramax.
Alex Tse To Pen Relativity's 'Crow' Redo
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
Guest Stars Set For 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Episode; Endemol Inks With Amber TV: Global Showbiz Briefs
More From Team
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'
- 'Cake' Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Feels The Pain And Shows It
- Regina King To Co-Star In FX Pilot 'Pariah'; Daisy Betts Joins 'Childhood's End' On Syfy
- 'Pan' Teaser: Hugh Jackman, Rooney Mara In Peter Pan Origin Tale
- Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations 2015 – Full List