At the same time the firestorm stemming from Tracy Morgan’s homophobic remarks was raging on Friday, the 30 Rock co-star received a top award at the Monte Carlo Television Festival. Morgan was named best actor in a comedy series at the Golden Nymphs awards ceremony last night. U.S. series dominated the series categories, with Modern Family named best comedy, Mad Men best drama and Jon Hamm best drama actor. The best actress in a comedy series award went to top Germany comedienne Anette Frier for the title role in Danni Lowinski, which the CW tried to adapt this past development season. (Denmark’s Sidse Babett Knudsen won best drama actress for Government.) American shows also won all international TV audience awards: CSI (best drama series), Desperate Housewives (best comedy series) and The Bold and the Beautiful (best telenovela/soap opera)
'30 Rock's Tracy Morgan Wins International Award Amid Controversy
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'