At the same time the firestorm stemming from Tracy Morgan’s homophobic remarks was raging on Friday, the 30 Rock co-star received a top award at the Monte Carlo Television Festival. Morgan was named best actor in a comedy series at the Golden Nymphs awards ceremony last night. U.S. series dominated the series categories, with Modern Family named best comedy, Mad Men best drama and Jon Hamm best drama actor. The best actress in a comedy series award went to top Germany comedienne Anette Frier for the title role in Danni Lowinski, which the CW tried to adapt this past development season. (Denmark’s Sidse Babett Knudsen won best drama actress for Government.) American shows also won all international TV audience awards: CSI (best drama series), Desperate Housewives (best comedy series) and The Bold and the Beautiful (best telenovela/soap opera)
'30 Rock's Tracy Morgan Wins International Award Amid Controversy
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
- ‘Outlander’ Season 2 Trailer: Is It Even Possible To Change The Future?
- AMC Sets Late-Night Talk Show Hosted By Kevin Smith & Greg Grunberg
- ‘11.22.63’ Review: Hulu’s James Franco JFK Series Full Of Time-Travel Twists
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 6 First Images: You Know Nothing (About) Jon Snow
- ‘Containment’, ‘Reign’, ‘Beauty & The Beast’ Get Midseason Premiere Dates On The CW