NBC is yet to make their “sorry, you have not been picked up” calls, but the fate of several high-profile projects has already been sealed. David E. Kelley’s reboot of Wonder Woman is not going forward. Also not getting a pickup is the Don Johnson hairdresser drama A Mann’s World, written and directed by Michael Patrick King. And an order for Stephen Gaghan’s sprawling drama Metro is considered extremely unlikely too. This may not be the end of the road for A Mann’s World, a well-received pilot, mostly for King’s direction and Johnson’s on-screen presence. I hear it will probably be shopped to cable networks, which makes sense as many who have seen the pilot say it has cable sensibility.
'Wonder Woman' Not Going Ahead At NBC, 'Mann's World' May Be Shopped To Cable
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
'Revenant', 'Martian' Land New Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda 3' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- Barack Obama Wins Soft Bowl With CBS’ Gayle King In Super Bowl Interview
- ABC’s GOP Debate Wins Saturday, Draws 13.2 Million Viewers
- Ray Colcord Dies: Emmy-Nominated Television Composer Was 66
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Solid With Host Larry David
- Three Best GOP Debate Moments – From Ben Carson’s Kickoff Fumble To Candidate Contretemps
- Video – Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson Zoolander-ize Hillary, Bernie & Donald On ‘SNL’