NBC is yet to make their “sorry, you have not been picked up” calls, but the fate of several high-profile projects has already been sealed. David E. Kelley’s reboot of Wonder Woman is not going forward. Also not getting a pickup is the Don Johnson hairdresser drama A Mann’s World, written and directed by Michael Patrick King. And an order for Stephen Gaghan’s sprawling drama Metro is considered extremely unlikely too. This may not be the end of the road for A Mann’s World, a well-received pilot, mostly for King’s direction and Johnson’s on-screen presence. I hear it will probably be shopped to cable networks, which makes sense as many who have seen the pilot say it has cable sensibility.
'Wonder Woman' Not Going Ahead At NBC, 'Mann's World' May Be Shopped To Cable
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report