UPDATE: WME has just signed one of Hollywood’s most famous scorers and Oscar-winner Hans Zimmer from the Gorfaine-Schwartz Agency which until recently enjoyed a virtual monopoly on the film music market as big name agencies had divested themselves of representing composers. But WME recently got into the composer rep biz in a big way with the hiring of GSA’s Amos Newman. Zimmer had been talking to other talent tenpercenteries to redefine his Remote Control Productions team. For nearly 3 decades Zimmer has composed music for over 100 films including winning an Oscar for The Lion King. His other scores include Gladiator, The Dark Knight, Sherlock Holmes, Inception, and Rango.
WME Signs Famed Composer Hans Zimmer
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- The Academy On Best Picture Oscar Snafu: “We Deeply Regret The Mistake”
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Takes “Full Responsibility” For Best Picture Blunder In New Apology
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- U.S. State Department Deletes Tweet Congratulating Iranian Director After ‘Salesman’ Oscar Win
- Jaime King To Stir It Up In ‘How To Cook Your Daughter’
- Netflix Sees $1.5B Lawsuit From Relativity Slimmed Down By Judge