Lionsgate and director Gary Ross have set Wes Bentley to play Seneca Crane in The Hunger Games, the film that stars Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth. Crane is the head gamesmaker of the 74th Hunger Games, which pits teens from 12 districts in a televised battle to the death. This is the first of several adult roles that will be cast. Rumored participants include John C. Reilly, as District 12’s only living past winner and current drunk Haymitch, but Lionsgate labeled that absolutely false when it came up a couple weeks ago, and nobody lies to Deadline, right? The pic will be released March 23, 2012.
Wes Bentley Joins 'The Hunger Games'
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Quiet Place' Still Noisy With $21M+; 'I Feel Pretty' $18M; 'Super Troopers 2' Arrests $16M - Saturday Update
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Jane the Virgin' Finale': Series Creator On That Shocking Twist, 'Dallas'-Inspired Cliffhanger, Season 5 & Show's Endgame
'Love, Gilda' Director On Meeting Gene Wilder & Why Some Gilda Radner 'SNL' Peers Aren't In The Doc - Tribeca
Latest Film News
- ‘Maine’ Clip: Tribeca Drama Explores Self Discovery, Love In Nature
- ‘Braid’ Clip: A Demented Game Is Afoot In Mitzi Peirone’s Tribeca Thriller
- Verne Troyer Dies: ‘Austin Powers’ Actor Was 49
- The Week In Deadline Video & Podcasts: Maggie Gyllenhaal, Darren Criss, Frankie Shaw
- Katherine Waterston & Michael Shannon Wade Through Grief And Alienation In ‘State Like Sleep’…
- ‘Ready Player One’ Tops $500M Global Box Office, Scores $200M+ In China