Warner Bros has been trying to get its Tarzan movie up and running for several years. Now, I’m hearing that the studios is trying again, and word on the vine is they might well commission two separate scripts that’ll be written simultaneously. One will be by Adam Cozad, a rising scribe whose recent work includes the Jack Ryan reboot and Archangel, the pic that has Tron: Legacy‘s Joseph Kosinski attached. I also hear that the studio is talking to Craig Brewer about doing a different version of the picture. This has been done before on big pictures, and usually the studio makes a decision on which way to go when they both come in. Sometimes, the other script is the next movie in the franchise. But it certainly gives hope that Tarzan will be swinging in the jungle before too long. Cozad’s repped by ICM and Gotham Group, Brewer by WME.
Warner Bros Has One, Maybe Two Tarzan Pic Swinging From The Vine
What's Hot on Deadline
Steve Mnuchin On China, The FBI And Relativity, Cayman Island Accounts -- Confirmation Hearing Updated Final
Latest Film News
- Miguel Ferrer Dies: ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’ & ‘Crossing Jordan’ Star Was 61
- What’s Your Gut: Are The Oscars Headed For A ‘Hollywood Ending’?
- Brazilian Filmmaker Kleber Mendonca Filho Inks With ICM Partners
- Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But “Depressed” About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
- Anne Hathaway, Rebel Wilson Are The 'Nasty Women' In MGM's 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ Remake
- ‘My Life As A Zucchini’ Trailer: Will Forte & Ellen Page Voice English-Language Version