EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros made a fast deal Friday for screen rights to The Future of Us, a novel by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler. Denise Di Novi’s Di Novi Pictures will produce. Fox was also in the mix. The book is set in 1996, when a young girl gets the Internet at home for the first time. When she logs on, up pops a strange website. It’s her Facebook profile from 15 years in the future, and she and her best friend try to change themselves to fit into or reject their future lives. Subtle decisions drastically influence who they become. Asher wrote 13 Reasons Why, a first novel that has become a big international bestseller and which is being developed at Universal as a star vehicle for Selena Gomez to star and Strike Entertainment to produce. Mackler wrote The Earth, My Butt and Other Big Round Things. The Future of Us will be published in November by Razorbill, with a 500,000-copy first printing. Hotchkiss and Associates’ Sean Daily made the deal with Andrea Brown Literary Agency and Writers House.
Warner Bros Grabs 'The Future Of Us'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Sets $12M Pantelion Record, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty With $10M+, 'Circle' A Square As 'F8' Leads Listless Weekend
'Orange Is The New Black' Hacker Shares Stolen Episodes; Blog Publishes List Of Possible Additional Shows - Update
Latest Film News
- AMPTP Offers To Boost Payments To WGA Health Plan As Strike Deadline Looms
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’ Zooms With $101.2M Bow – International Box Office
- WGA & AMPTP: Rare Sunday Talks “Moving Closer” To Deal
- 'Colossal' Crosses $2M As 'Natasha', 'Obit' and 'Buster's Mal Heart' Bow Solid – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops ‘Furious 7’ For New China Record
- No Omerta As Coppola, Pacino And Cast Recall ‘Godfather’ Shoot – Tribeca