EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has closed a deal for Turkey Bowl, a comedy that will re-team The Other Guys stars Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg as guys from football-obsessed towns who lead rival teams in an annual tackle football game for bragging and trash-talking rights. The tackle games are grandiose, and I’m told they plan to pack it with fun cameos, just the way they did during the rival broadcaster gang fights in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. Alec Baldwin is already aboard as Wahlberg’s father. Sold as a pitch, the project will be written by 30 Rock‘s Robert Carlock, and Scott Silveri, with the story by Owen Burke of Gary Sanchez Productions. Ferrell, Adam McKay and Chris Henchy will produce through their Sanchez banner and Wahlberg through his Closest to the Hole banner. Ferrell is coming off a stint on The Office and will next be seen in Everything Must Go. Wahlberg just became aligned to re-team with David O. Russell in The Silver Linings Playbook, which The Weinstein Company is selling at the Cannes Film Festival market. He’s starring in the Seth MacFarlane-directed Ted after wrapping Contraband.
Warner Bros Acquires 'Turkey Bowl' For Will Ferrell-Mark Wahlberg Re-Team
What's Hot on Deadline
'Chicago P.D.'s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For "Inappropriate Behavior" Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
Latest Film News
- ‘Suburbicon’ Production Designer On Cobbling Together Idyllic ’50s Suburb Out Of Disparate SoCal Locations
- ‘Coco’ Earns A+ CinemaScore & Dances To $70M+; ‘Justice League’ Solid With $63M+: Thanksgiving B.O.
- Jane Campion: It’s A “Fairy Tale” Time For Women In The Entertainment Business
- Allison Williams Says ‘Peter Pan’ Performance Scored Her ‘Get Out’ Role
- IMAX & Odeon Team Up To Launch Europe’s First Virtual Reality Experience
- ‘Tulip Fever’ Producer Alison Owen Lifts The Lid On Working With Weinstein