EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has closed a deal for Turkey Bowl, a comedy that will re-team The Other Guys stars Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg as guys from football-obsessed towns who lead rival teams in an annual tackle football game for bragging and trash-talking rights. The tackle games are grandiose, and I’m told they plan to pack it with fun cameos, just the way they did during the rival broadcaster gang fights in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. Alec Baldwin is already aboard as Wahlberg’s father. Sold as a pitch, the project will be written by 30 Rock‘s Robert Carlock, and Scott Silveri, with the story by Owen Burke of Gary Sanchez Productions. Ferrell, Adam McKay and Chris Henchy will produce through their Sanchez banner and Wahlberg through his Closest to the Hole banner. Ferrell is coming off a stint on The Office and will next be seen in Everything Must Go. Wahlberg just became aligned to re-team with David O. Russell in The Silver Linings Playbook, which The Weinstein Company is selling at the Cannes Film Festival market. He’s starring in the Seth MacFarlane-directed Ted after wrapping Contraband.
Warner Bros Acquires 'Turkey Bowl' For Will Ferrell-Mark Wahlberg Re-Team
What's Hot on Deadline
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings