EXCLUSIVE: Vanguard Films and Animation president and CEO John Williams has locked a deal for screenwriter-author Ross Venokur to write three animated comedy/family feature films. The deal comes after they collaborated on Galaxy High School, a project being developed in partnership with 1492 Films and DreamWorks. “Ross was also a fantastic contributor to crucial drafts of Space Chimps, and he wrote a hilarious CGI/live-action hybrid script for us called The Gnome King,” Williams said. Venokur, who makes his living writing novels for children, starts the new deal with The Nut House, a parody of heist films, with critters as the perpetrators. Venokur will follow with a script called Charming, a revenge comedy about what happens when Cinderella, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty all end up with Prince Charming — who’s the same guy and who learns the perils of providing happy endings for all three. Venokur’s repped by ICM and Hung Entertainment Group.
Vanguard Makes Three-Picture Deal With Author/Scribe Ross Venokur
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
Latest Film News
- ‘Isle Of Dogs’: Fox Searchlight Fetches 2018 Date For Wes Anderson’s All-Star Toon
- WGA Establishes Strike Fund In Preparation For Walkout
- ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Frozen 2’ And ‘The Lion King’: Disney Unleashes A Barrage Of Release Dates
- WWE Ring Titan Vince McMahon Getting His Close-Up With ‘Pandemonium’
- IFC Midnight Nabs ‘Darkness Rising’; Music Box Tunes Up ‘Chavela’ Docu
- Roman Polanski Rape Victim Joins Director’s Latest Effort For U.S. Return