EXCLUSIVE: Vanguard Films and Animation president and CEO John Williams has locked a deal for screenwriter-author Ross Venokur to write three animated comedy/family feature films. The deal comes after they collaborated on Galaxy High School, a project being developed in partnership with 1492 Films and DreamWorks. “Ross was also a fantastic contributor to crucial drafts of Space Chimps, and he wrote a hilarious CGI/live-action hybrid script for us called The Gnome King,” Williams said. Venokur, who makes his living writing novels for children, starts the new deal with The Nut House, a parody of heist films, with critters as the perpetrators. Venokur will follow with a script called Charming, a revenge comedy about what happens when Cinderella, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty all end up with Prince Charming — who’s the same guy and who learns the perils of providing happy endings for all three. Venokur’s repped by ICM and Hung Entertainment Group.
Vanguard Makes Three-Picture Deal With Author/Scribe Ross Venokur
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest Film News
- ‘Puppet Master’ Reimagining To Hit Theaters In August Via RLJE Films
- Oscar 2019 Key Dates: Academy And ABC Unveil Timeline
- ‘Disobedience’ Star Rachel Weisz On Film’s Depiction Of “Hidden, Secret Community”…
- CJ 4DPLEX & Cineworld Group Expand Pact To Boost Number Of 4DX Theaters – CinemaCon
- Elaine Chin Joins Exec Film Ranks At Participant Media
- NBA Star Stephen Curry Inks Film & TV Deal With Sony