CBS executives tried to have it all in their upfront presentation today, telling advertisers that the network effectively reaches a mass audience, young adults and fans of digital media. CEO Les Moonves said that “the economy continues to rebound” and “advertising is back.” He said that auto, retail, finance and technology companies — all major TV advertisers — are doing especially well. CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler added that the network has 100 million fans on Facebook and Twitter. “That’s one hell of a water cooler,” she said. But they didn’t provide much additional data to make their case — in line with other network presentations this week.
Upfronts: CBS Says It Covers All Ad Bases
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Is Wall Street Starting To Doubt That Comcast-Time Warner Cable Deal Will Close?
- UPDATE: Comcast Says HBO And CBS Online Plans Won't Upset TV Ecosystem: Live Blog
- Streaming Cash: Redbox Reports Losses From Its Joint Venture With Verizon
- Cable Programmers, Citing Privacy Concerns, Hold Up FCC's Review Of Comcast And DirecTV Deals
- Layer3 TV Taps Lindsay Gardner To Lead Programming And Content Acquisition