2ND UPDATE: Gee, if I were Amy Pascal and Michael Lynton, I wouldn’t let him go. But Sony Pictures’ Josh Goldstine has less than three months left on his contract. This is the guy mostly responsible for Battle: LA‘s really fresh ad campaign, along with The Social Network‘s. The announcement will be made possibly as soon as this week, and Michael Moses will remain as co-President of Marketing. But it’s a real coup for Universal to snag someone this good from outside the studio to replace Eddie Egan in the top marketing job at Universal Pictures. Fogelson had been talking to Egan and Goldstine about the move for the past few months. (FYI, LA Times today posted Goldstine’s name first.) And, yes, veterans will recall that Goldstine was suspended briefly after the advertising department he supervised at Sony Pictures was responsible in 2001 for fabricating quotes by a nonexistent film critic who praised four of the studio’s movies in its advertisements.
2ND UPDATE: Universal Going To Sony's Josh Goldstine To Fill Top Marketing Post
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Boss Ted Sarandos Talks Ratings, New Original Programming Spending Increase & 'Stranger Things' Renewal - TCA
Latest Film News
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- ‘The Fighter’ Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City’s Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’
- ‘The Life And Death Of John Gotti’ Cast Locked
- Ben Foster Rounds Out Scott Cooper’s ‘Hostiles’ Cast As Shooting Starts