2ND UPDATE: Gee, if I were Amy Pascal and Michael Lynton, I wouldn’t let him go. But Sony Pictures’ Josh Goldstine has less than three months left on his contract. This is the guy mostly responsible for Battle: LA‘s really fresh ad campaign, along with The Social Network‘s. The announcement will be made possibly as soon as this week, and Michael Moses will remain as co-President of Marketing. But it’s a real coup for Universal to snag someone this good from outside the studio to replace Eddie Egan in the top marketing job at Universal Pictures. Fogelson had been talking to Egan and Goldstine about the move for the past few months. (FYI, LA Times today posted Goldstine’s name first.) And, yes, veterans will recall that Goldstine was suspended briefly after the advertising department he supervised at Sony Pictures was responsible in 2001 for fabricating quotes by a nonexistent film critic who praised four of the studio’s movies in its advertisements.
2ND UPDATE: Universal Going To Sony's Josh Goldstine To Fill Top Marketing Post
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency