Tribune Co today announced that it has tapped Los Angeles Times publisher and CEO Eddy Hartenstein as its president and CEO. The former DirecTV chief is an interesting guy, but it’s hard not to think of rearranged deck chairs, etc., since he is keeping his LA Times responsibilities and Tribune, which still owns 23 television stations, has yet to emerge from its Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Maybe this is one of those seat-filler things?
Tribune Co Makes Eddy Hartenstein CEO
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Hipes
- Tribeca Film Festival Sets Spotlight, Midnight & Special Screening Sidebars
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’s Dascha Polanco Joins Jennifer Lawrence In ‘Joy’
- Eddie Redmayne’s ‘Danish Girl’ And Saoirse Ronan’s ‘Brooklyn’ Get Release Dates
- ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Trailer: Where’s Spider-Man When You Need Him?
- Patricia Norris Dies: Costume Designer And David Lynch Collaborator Was 83