David Rone, a former co-head of CAA Sports, has been appointed president of TWC Sports, tasked with building sports content at the nation’s second-largest cable operator. He will oversee the company’s sports programming and existing sports channels and build and lead TWC’s new regional sports networks featuring the Los Angeles Lakers, which will debut in the 2012-13 season after TWC snagged lucrative rights to the NBA franchise in February with a 20-year deal. Rone, most recently with boutique media- and sports-investment banker Evolution Media Capital, will report to TWC EVP and Chief Video Officer Melinda Witmer. “Sports is among the most important content to our customers, and we see significant potential in delivering on their desire for compelling sports programming and experiences,” Witmer said. “Under David’s leadership, I am certain we will build a distinct and valuable brand for TWC Sports, innovate in the sports programming field, and deeply engage sports fans across Time Warner Cable’s platforms.” According to the company, Rone will “work to build and foster relationships with sports leagues, conferences, teams, programming providers and others in the sports industry to enhance Time Warner Cable’s sports products and marketing.”
Time Warner Cable Appoints David Rone To Run Sports Division
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Lands 'Outlaw King'; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
Latest TV News
- Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred “You Wouldn't Be In The…
- ‘Bates Motel’ Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
- Aasif Mandvi Getting ‘Younger’; Robert Craighead Joins ‘Future Man’
- MTV Movie & TV Awards On Collision Course With Potential Writers Strike
- Bill O’Reilly “Set A High Bar,” Tucker Carlson Says In Debut In ‘O’Reilly Factor’ Slot
- Faye Dunaway Talks Feeling "Guilty" About Oscars Best Picture Snafu On 'NBC Nightly News With Lester Holt'