EXCLUSIVE: Now that ‘Thor’ opened strongly around the world, its star Chris Hemsworth is one hot Aussie hunk. He’s just closed a deal for the good guy role opposite Twilight Saga starlet Kristen Stewart as the Huntsman in Snow White And The Huntsman which is Universal’s version of the fairy tale. Newcomer Hemsworth and his good looks allowed for heavy PR to drum up appeal for Thor among women with his shirtless clip a popular choice for talk shows with large female audiences. He’s repped by IFA talent management and ROAR management partner and co-founder William Ward who talent-spotted Chris during one of the manager’s many scouting trips to Australia. Ward brought him to Los Angeles and really put him out there to casting directors and production executives. Chris read for the part of Thor but wasn’t given a test because a casting director had nixed him early on. Chris’ younger brother Liam (who’s also a ROAR client) then tested for the role of Thor, but Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige passed. Then, after a conversation with Ward (“You’ve got to reconsider Chris, he’s your guy”), Feige decided to let Chris read again. And once Marvel put him on tape, it was “Oh my god”. Hemsworth is in Joss Whedon’s UA-orphaned Cabin In The Woods which just got picked up by Lionsgate, is the lead in that Red Dawn remake, and played “George Kirk” in J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek reboot. Down under, he played “Kim Hyde” on 171 episodes of Home and Away, the successful Oz TV series where Heath Ledger started.
Mighty Thor Chris Hemsworth To Star Opposite Kristen Stewart: Closes 'Huntsman' Role In Snow White Saga
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest Film News
- Gabrielle Carteris Re-Elected As EVP Of SAG-AFTRA, National VP/LA Is Clyde Kusatsu – Update
- Paramount Pulls In Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’ With Matt Damon, Reese Witherspoon
- ‘The Martian’ Review: Matt Damon Proves There Is Life On Mars In This Sci-Fi Gem
- 20th Century Fox Names Sirena Liu As Head Of China Office
- Trudie Styler To Direct Bette Midler, Others In LGBT Film ‘Freak Show’
- Kodak Names Cinematographer-in-Residence at UCLA; Tribeca Shortlist, New SVOD Service Launched