EXCLUSIVE: Now that ‘Thor’ opened strongly around the world, its star Chris Hemsworth is one hot Aussie hunk. He’s just closed a deal for the good guy role opposite Twilight Saga starlet Kristen Stewart as the Huntsman in Snow White And The Huntsman which is Universal’s version of the fairy tale. Newcomer Hemsworth and his good looks allowed for heavy PR to drum up appeal for Thor among women with his shirtless clip a popular choice for talk shows with large female audiences. He’s repped by IFA talent management and ROAR management partner and co-founder William Ward who talent-spotted Chris during one of the manager’s many scouting trips to Australia. Ward brought him to Los Angeles and really put him out there to casting directors and production executives. Chris read for the part of Thor but wasn’t given a test because a casting director had nixed him early on. Chris’ younger brother Liam (who’s also a ROAR client) then tested for the role of Thor, but Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige passed. Then, after a conversation with Ward (“You’ve got to reconsider Chris, he’s your guy”), Feige decided to let Chris read again. And once Marvel put him on tape, it was “Oh my god”. Hemsworth is in Joss Whedon’s UA-orphaned Cabin In The Woods which just got picked up by Lionsgate, is the lead in that Red Dawn remake, and played “George Kirk” in J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek reboot. Down under, he played “Kim Hyde” on 171 episodes of Home and Away, the successful Oz TV series where Heath Ledger started.
Mighty Thor Chris Hemsworth To Star Opposite Kristen Stewart: Closes 'Huntsman' Role In Snow White Saga
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- The Academy On Best Picture Oscar Snafu: “We Deeply Regret The Mistake”
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Takes “Full Responsibility” For Best Picture Blunder In New Apology
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- U.S. State Department Deletes Tweet Congratulating Iranian Director After ‘Salesman’ Oscar Win
- Jaime King To Stir It Up In ‘How To Cook Your Daughter’
- Netflix Sees $1.5B Lawsuit From Relativity Slimmed Down By Judge