Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino is the latest Jersey Shore cast member to sign a development deal with the network for a new reality series. MTV will film a presentation with Sorrentino later this year. It is the same template MTV used with fellow Jersey Shore standouts Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, Jenni “JWoww” Farley and Paul “DJ Pauly D” Delvecchio who also shot presentations – Snooki and JWoww together and Pauly separately – under development deals with the network. Last month, MTV picked up both projects to series. At that time, the network’s EVP of programming and head of production Chris Linn confirmed that talks were under ways with other cast members, including Sorrentino, about potential new projects – Jersey Shore spinoffs or other types of reality series – and stressed that there was no politics in picking Snooki, JWoww and Pauly to headline their own shows first. “We feel all of the cast members are breakout stars, and they all have much more to offer,” Linn said. “These are just the projects that came together the quickest.”
The Situation From 'Jersey Shore' Signs Development Deal With MTV
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…
- Jimmy Perry Dies: British TV Writer-Creator Was 93
- Cubs’ Game 6 NLCS Win Over Dodgers A Home Run For Fox Sports
- Dan Rather Probes ‘Trump Nation’ Week Before Election On Mark Cuban’s AXS-TV