Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino is the latest Jersey Shore cast member to sign a development deal with the network for a new reality series. MTV will film a presentation with Sorrentino later this year. It is the same template MTV used with fellow Jersey Shore standouts Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, Jenni “JWoww” Farley and Paul “DJ Pauly D” Delvecchio who also shot presentations – Snooki and JWoww together and Pauly separately – under development deals with the network. Last month, MTV picked up both projects to series. At that time, the network’s EVP of programming and head of production Chris Linn confirmed that talks were under ways with other cast members, including Sorrentino, about potential new projects – Jersey Shore spinoffs or other types of reality series – and stressed that there was no politics in picking Snooki, JWoww and Pauly to headline their own shows first. “We feel all of the cast members are breakout stars, and they all have much more to offer,” Linn said. “These are just the projects that came together the quickest.”
The Situation From 'Jersey Shore' Signs Development Deal With MTV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Andreeva
- Mykelti Williamson To Recur (And Sing) On ABC's 'Nashville'
- Brad Copeland To Write ABC Comedy Starring Chevy Chase & Beverly D'Angelo
- Angela Kinsey To Topline & Co-Create ABC Buddy Comedy Produced By Darlene Hunt & Will Gluck
- CBS Buys Meatball Restaurant Comedy From Bill Lawrence, Jeff Astrof & All3Media With Production Commitment
- Q&A: Laurence Fishburne On 'Black-Ish' Comedic Turn, 'Hannibal' Return & 'CSI'
- AMC To Board Channel 4 Series 'Humans' As Xbox Entertainment Studios Downsizes Slate & Mulls Possible Future