Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino is the latest Jersey Shore cast member to sign a development deal with the network for a new reality series. MTV will film a presentation with Sorrentino later this year. It is the same template MTV used with fellow Jersey Shore standouts Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, Jenni “JWoww” Farley and Paul “DJ Pauly D” Delvecchio who also shot presentations – Snooki and JWoww together and Pauly separately – under development deals with the network. Last month, MTV picked up both projects to series. At that time, the network’s EVP of programming and head of production Chris Linn confirmed that talks were under ways with other cast members, including Sorrentino, about potential new projects – Jersey Shore spinoffs or other types of reality series – and stressed that there was no politics in picking Snooki, JWoww and Pauly to headline their own shows first. “We feel all of the cast members are breakout stars, and they all have much more to offer,” Linn said. “These are just the projects that came together the quickest.”
The Situation From 'Jersey Shore' Signs Development Deal With MTV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book