Starz Entertainment announced today that its Encore premium network will add Encore Espanol to its lineup, making it the eighth channel in the family. There also will be name changes for existing channels (Encore WAM becomes Encore Family, and Encore Mystery becomes Encore Suspense), Encore Action and Encore Drama will launch in HD, and Movieplex will become a stand-alone commercial-free channel instead of simulcasting existing Encore feeds. All the changes will take effect Aug. 1. “We have listened to our affiliates and crafted these changes to meet new opportunities in the marketplace,” said Ed Huguez, EVP sales and affiliate marketing at Starz. “These enhancements will fortify the channels and — especially for ENCORE ESPANOL — position our affiliates to capitalize on new opportunities which leverage our quality premium movie programming and grow their businesses.”
Spanish-Language Channel Among Changes At Starz's Encore
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV