Starz Entertainment announced today that its Encore premium network will add Encore Espanol to its lineup, making it the eighth channel in the family. There also will be name changes for existing channels (Encore WAM becomes Encore Family, and Encore Mystery becomes Encore Suspense), Encore Action and Encore Drama will launch in HD, and Movieplex will become a stand-alone commercial-free channel instead of simulcasting existing Encore feeds. All the changes will take effect Aug. 1. “We have listened to our affiliates and crafted these changes to meet new opportunities in the marketplace,” said Ed Huguez, EVP sales and affiliate marketing at Starz. “These enhancements will fortify the channels and — especially for ENCORE ESPANOL — position our affiliates to capitalize on new opportunities which leverage our quality premium movie programming and grow their businesses.”
Spanish-Language Channel Among Changes At Starz's Encore
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Teresa Palmer Joins Benjamin Walker In 'The Choice', Nicholas Sparks Adaptation From Lionsgate
- Showtime Casts Rachel Bloom's 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Pilot; Dominic Cooper Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Fox News Channel Tops Cable Primetime Ratings In Third Quarter
- Alec Baldwin & Kevin Spacey To Star In 'Boss Baby' For DreamWorks Animation; Three Join 'A Monster Calls'
- Tracy Morgan Blasts Walmart After Retailer Blames Him For Not Wearing Seatbelt When Driver Rear-Ended His Limo
- 'Tonight Show' Heading To Phoenix For Post-Super Bowl Broadcast