EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures has acquired Save the Date, a pitch that will be written by Tom Gormican and produced by Neal Moritz and his Original Film banner. The romantic comedy is set around wedding season in New York City. In the run-up to a big celebration, the lives of many Gotham couples intersect as they explore the question of what marriage means today, and why anybody chooses that fate. Toby Ascher is exec producer and Liz Buraglia is supervising for Original. Deal was worth low six-figures for Gormican, whose script Are We Officially Dating? landed on last year’s Black List. The scribe, who’s repped by Underground and WME, recently was hired to write Emily Post for Warner Bros.
Sony Pictures Lands Pitch 'Save The Date'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Spinoff 'The Perfectionists' Starring Sasha Pieterse & Janel Parrish Gets Freeform Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- Phil Lord & Christopher Miller To Direct ‘Martian’ Author Andy Weir’s New Novel ‘Artemis’
- Universal’s ‘House With A Clock In Its Walls’ Adds Colleen Camp
- ‘Gotti’ Trailer: John Travolta As The ‘Teflon Don’ Who Showed The World Who’s Boss
- Aidan Gillen, Tom Hollander Join Freddie Mercury Biopic ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’
- Barry Dennen Dies: ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’s Pilate And Barbra Streisand Mentor Was 79
- Chloe Castellón & Ridgeway Wilson Set To Adapt Universal’s ‘City Of Saints & Thieves', Melina…