EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures has acquired Save the Date, a pitch that will be written by Tom Gormican and produced by Neal Moritz and his Original Film banner. The romantic comedy is set around wedding season in New York City. In the run-up to a big celebration, the lives of many Gotham couples intersect as they explore the question of what marriage means today, and why anybody chooses that fate. Toby Ascher is exec producer and Liz Buraglia is supervising for Original. Deal was worth low six-figures for Gormican, whose script Are We Officially Dating? landed on last year’s Black List. The scribe, who’s repped by Underground and WME, recently was hired to write Emily Post for Warner Bros.
Sony Pictures Lands Pitch 'Save The Date'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Furious 7' Drives To $1.12B Global, Busts China Records; 'Dragonball' Big In Japan - Intl B.O. Update
Latest Film News
- Steve Coogan To Star In Oliver Schmitz’s ‘Shepherds And Butchers’
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Trailer: Watch George Clooney In Battle
- ‘The Little Prince’ Flies In With New International Trailer – Cannes
- Saban Films Decides To ‘Man Up'; Acquires RomCom Starring Simon Pegg – Tribeca
- Matthew Warchus Takes Reins At Old Vic; 2016 ‘Groundhog Day’ World Premiere Set
- Fandango Inks Multi-Year Pact With Marcus Theatres — CinemaCon