EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures has acquired Save the Date, a pitch that will be written by Tom Gormican and produced by Neal Moritz and his Original Film banner. The romantic comedy is set around wedding season in New York City. In the run-up to a big celebration, the lives of many Gotham couples intersect as they explore the question of what marriage means today, and why anybody chooses that fate. Toby Ascher is exec producer and Liz Buraglia is supervising for Original. Deal was worth low six-figures for Gormican, whose script Are We Officially Dating? landed on last year’s Black List. The scribe, who’s repped by Underground and WME, recently was hired to write Emily Post for Warner Bros.
Sony Pictures Lands Pitch 'Save The Date'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Downton Abbey' Finale: Exec Producer Gareth Neame On Allen Leech & Lily James' Future, Season 7 & That Proposal
More From Fleming Jr
- Netflix Outbidding Movie Buyers? Near Whopping Deal For ‘Beasts Of No Nation’
- Drew Goddard Meeting To Script, Helm New ‘Spider-Man’
- Weinstein Gobbles McDonald’s ‘Founder’ Pic; Michael Keaton Starring
- Luc Besson Finds New Action Hero? EuropaCorp Sets Sullivan Stapleton For ‘The Lake’
- IM Global & Republic Records Team On Bille Woodruff-Helmed ‘Rollin’ Thunder’