Finally some good ratings news for struggling OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network. The premiere of the new original series Why Not? With Shania Twain on Sunday drew 839,000 viewers and a 0.80 rating in women 25-54 at 11 PM. That was the network’s highest-rated series debut since its premiere weekend at the beginning of January and the second-highest demo result for an original series premiere overall, behind the Jan. 1 launch of Season 25: Oprah Behind the Scenes on OWN’s premiere night and tied with the debut of Ask Oprah’s All Stars on Jan. 2. Why Not?, which posted triple-digit increases vs. Discovery Health’s numbers a year ago, followed the season finale of The Judds (555,000, 0.48). OWN’s ratings woes led to last week’s shakeup that saw CEO Christina Norman leaving and Discovery Communications COO Peter Liguori stepping in as interim CEO.
Shania Twain Series Debut Scores For OWN
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'Marvel's Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur' Animated Series Produced By Laurence Fishburne In Works At Disney Channels
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- School Shooting Survivors Tell Jordan Klepper It’s Time To End The “Magic” Of Politician-Purchasing NRA