EXCLUSIVE: In its first original project for the stage, Kennedy/Marshall has optioned Columbine, the 2009 book by journalist Dave Cullen. First published in 2009, the book won the Edgar Award and is a comprehensive look at the massacre that occurred in April 1999 in Littleton, Colo., where high school students Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold went on a shooting rampage that took the lives of 13 before the students killed themselves. Scott Z. Burns is writing the stage play, with an eye toward a fall start. Burns’ credits include The Bourne Ultimatum, which he did with producers Kathy Kennedy and Frank Marshall, and Contagion, the Steven Soderbergh-directed thriller that stars Matt Damon, Marion Cotillard, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kate Winslet and Jude Law. The play will deal specifically with the events surrounding the murders inside the school library. The UTA/Anonymous Content-repped Burns is also writing for Soderbergh and George Clooney The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
Scott Z. Burns Preps Stage Play On Columbine Massacre For Kennedy/Marshall
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Variety Claims Exclusive On Day-Old Deadline Scoop On Sony's 'The Interview'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount
- Gore Verbinski On Cancellation Of North Korea-Based Steve Carell Film