EXCLUSIVE: Summit Entertainment has set Scott Speer to direct the fourth installment of the Step Up franchise. Like the last one, Step Up 4 will be done in 3D. The new film will be set in the backdrop of Miami. Speer is replacing Wade Robson, who dropped out for personal reasons that would have kept him from making the planned summer start date. The script’s being written by Jenny Mayer and produced by Offspring Entertainment’s Jennifer Gibgot and Adam Shankman, along with Summit’s Patrick Wachsberger and Erik Feig. Jon Chu, who directed the last two Step Up installments, will be exec producer. Speer is a music video/commercials director who has helmed vids for Jordin Sparks, Will.I.Am, Jason Derulo and Orianthi Lacey, and he also collaborated with Chu on the TV episodes The LXD: The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers. He’s repped by WME and Principato Young.
Scott Speer 'Steps Up' To Direct Dance Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount