EXCLUSIVE: Summit Entertainment has set Scott Speer to direct the fourth installment of the Step Up franchise. Like the last one, Step Up 4 will be done in 3D. The new film will be set in the backdrop of Miami. Speer is replacing Wade Robson, who dropped out for personal reasons that would have kept him from making the planned summer start date. The script’s being written by Jenny Mayer and produced by Offspring Entertainment’s Jennifer Gibgot and Adam Shankman, along with Summit’s Patrick Wachsberger and Erik Feig. Jon Chu, who directed the last two Step Up installments, will be exec producer. Speer is a music video/commercials director who has helmed vids for Jordin Sparks, Will.I.Am, Jason Derulo and Orianthi Lacey, and he also collaborated with Chu on the TV episodes The LXD: The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers. He’s repped by WME and Principato Young.
Scott Speer 'Steps Up' To Direct Dance Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To "Do Anything" When "Begging" For Campaign Contributions
Latest Film News
- Bruce Brown Dies: Surf Movie Pioneer Who Sought The Perfect Wave For ‘Endless Summer’ Was 80
- Ian Chen & Jovan Armand Join ‘Shazam!’, Brian 'Astro' Bradley Jr. Cast In ‘Luce’
- Justin Chon, Filmmaker Behind ‘Gook’ At Sundance, Will Direct Next Feature For Macro
- Cinedigm Acquires Rights To High School Comedy ‘Dear Dictator’
- Ari Sandel To Direct ‘Goosebumps’ Movie At Sony, But Which One?
- The Global Box Office Awakens: ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Could Power To $440M Opening