EXCLUSIVE: Summit Entertainment has set Scott Speer to direct the fourth installment of the Step Up franchise. Like the last one, Step Up 4 will be done in 3D. The new film will be set in the backdrop of Miami. Speer is replacing Wade Robson, who dropped out for personal reasons that would have kept him from making the planned summer start date. The script’s being written by Jenny Mayer and produced by Offspring Entertainment’s Jennifer Gibgot and Adam Shankman, along with Summit’s Patrick Wachsberger and Erik Feig. Jon Chu, who directed the last two Step Up installments, will be exec producer. Speer is a music video/commercials director who has helmed vids for Jordin Sparks, Will.I.Am, Jason Derulo and Orianthi Lacey, and he also collaborated with Chu on the TV episodes The LXD: The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers. He’s repped by WME and Principato Young.
Scott Speer 'Steps Up' To Direct Dance Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest Film News
- Abrams Artists Agency Ups Jade Sherman To VP On Digital Team
- ‘Outlander’s Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony’s ‘Bloodshot’; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen…
- Gal Gadot, Sue Kroll & Jaron Varsano Team To Produce ‘My Dearest Fidel’
- Why Is Comcast Still So Hot For Fox?
- ‘Show Dogs’ Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
- ‘Mulan’: Utkarsh Ambudkar & Ron Yuan Added To Disney’s Live-Action Adaptation