EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures is setting Sam Claflin to play the role of the prince in Snow White and the Huntsman, the Rupert Sanders-directed re-imagining of the fairy tale that stars Kristen Stewart as Snow White and Charlize Theron as the evil queen. The studio is still working on its huntsman, and as Deadline was the first to tell you, the offer is with Thor star Chris Hemsworth. Claflin just starred in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and he has just been offered the title role opposite Jeff Bridges and Julianne Moore in the Warner Bros/Legendary supernatural thriller The Seventh Son. Claflin could make that film, which starts in March, and then follow with Snow White and the Huntsman. CAA and Independent Talent rep him.
Sam Claflin Crowned Prince For 'Snow White And The Huntsman'
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest Film News
- Thiller ‘Here and Gone’ Lands At Random House Studio In First Project With China’s Meridian; James Schamus…
- ‘Masterminds’ Trailer: What Could Be Simpler Than A Multimillion-Dollar Heist?
- Vin Diesel Nearing 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars
- DGA Sets 2017 Awards Schedule
- ‘The Accountant’ Trailer #2: Ben Affleck & The World’s Scariest Pocket Protector
- Nick Jonas In Talks To Join ‘Jumanji’ Movie