Fox and 20th Century Fox TV have made Saffron Burrows’ departure from the upcoming Bones spinoff The Finder official. The producers of the show had put off making the final decision on her future until after the upfronts, but her character in the episode of Bones, which served as a planted spinoff for The Finder, was controversial, drawing polarizing reaction from fans of the show. That led to talk about completely reconceptualizing the character. The Finder star Geoff Stults and his sidekick Michael Clarke Duncan were the only ones approached about joining Bones while star Emily Deschanel is on maternity leave as a backup plan if The Finder hadn’t gotten a full-blown series order. And Fox only flew in Stults and Duncan for its upfront presentation last week where the carefully edited clip for the show practically didn’t feature Burrows.
Saffron Burrows Out Of 'Bones' Spinoff
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'