Fox and 20th Century Fox TV have made Saffron Burrows’ departure from the upcoming Bones spinoff The Finder official. The producers of the show had put off making the final decision on her future until after the upfronts, but her character in the episode of Bones, which served as a planted spinoff for The Finder, was controversial, drawing polarizing reaction from fans of the show. That led to talk about completely reconceptualizing the character. The Finder star Geoff Stults and his sidekick Michael Clarke Duncan were the only ones approached about joining Bones while star Emily Deschanel is on maternity leave as a backup plan if The Finder hadn’t gotten a full-blown series order. And Fox only flew in Stults and Duncan for its upfront presentation last week where the carefully edited clip for the show practically didn’t feature Burrows.
Saffron Burrows Out Of 'Bones' Spinoff
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
Sony Pictures Classics Lands Watergate Scandal Film 'The Silent Man'; Liam Neeson As 'Deep Throat' Mark Felt
'The Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' Review: Johnny Depp And A Couple Of Oscar Winners Help Keep This Fun Ride Afloat
Latest TV News
- Brent Montgomery & Bruce David Klein Among Backers Of Queens MediaWorks Non-Fiction Production Complex
- NBC’s ‘Bye Bye Birdie’ Live Musical Moved To 2018
- Robert Zemeckis-Produced UFO Drama ‘Blue Book’ Gets Series Order By History
- ‘Veep’ & ‘Silicon Valley’ Renewed By HBO
- ‘Suits’ Creator Aaron Korsh Inks New Overall Deal With Universal Cable Prods.
- Ed Helms To Topline ‘The Fake News with Ted Nelms’ Special For Comedy Central