Fox and 20th Century Fox TV have made Saffron Burrows’ departure from the upcoming Bones spinoff The Finder official. The producers of the show had put off making the final decision on her future until after the upfronts, but her character in the episode of Bones, which served as a planted spinoff for The Finder, was controversial, drawing polarizing reaction from fans of the show. That led to talk about completely reconceptualizing the character. The Finder star Geoff Stults and his sidekick Michael Clarke Duncan were the only ones approached about joining Bones while star Emily Deschanel is on maternity leave as a backup plan if The Finder hadn’t gotten a full-blown series order. And Fox only flew in Stults and Duncan for its upfront presentation last week where the carefully edited clip for the show practically didn’t feature Burrows.
Saffron Burrows Out Of 'Bones' Spinoff
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest TV News
- NBA Awards Tipping Off In June On TNT
- Jason Jones & Samantha Bee’s ‘The Detour’ Renewed For Season 3 By TBS
- Apple Music Delays Release Of ‘Carpool Karaoke: The Series’
- ‘Descendants 2’ Set For Simultaneous July Premiere On Five Disney|ABC Television Group Networks
- Netflix Scales Chinese Entry Wall By Striking Licensing Deal With iQiyi
- ‘Rainbow Rangers’: Nickelodeon Acquires CGI-Animated Preschool Series From Genius Brands Int’l