EXCLUSIVE: Diane Henriques’ non-fiction book recounting of the life and lies of imprisoned swindler Bernie Madoff debuts at No. 10 on The New York Times bestseller list this weekend. The Wizard Of Lies: Bernie Madoff And The Death Of Trust, published on April 26, has been optioned by HBO for a movie, and right now sources tell me that the pay channel is negotiating with Robert De Niro to play Madoff. There’s no doubt that the two men definitely look alike. The book is said to be the definitive look at Madoff and his $65 billion Ponzi scheme. Meanwhile, De Niro has personal experience with being bilked: in 2009, Lawrence Salander, a prominent art gallery owner, was charged with bilking a slew of high-profile clients, including De Niro, out of $88 million on high-priced art deals over more than 15 years.
Robert De Niro Dealing To Play Bernie Madoff For HBO Movie Of 'The Wizard Of Lies'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Crown’ Review: Netflix’s Royal Drama Glitters, With History The True Jewel
- ‘The Great Indoors’ Off To Decent Ratings Start, ‘Pure Genius’ Low – Update
- Starz CFO Scott Macdonald To Leave In Reorganization After Sale To Lionsgate
- Clinton Camp Demands More Info As FBI Ponders Emails Found In Anthony Weiner Probe – Update
- Dan Jinks Sells Three Projects To CBS, Including Comedy Starring Lucas Hazlett
- Liz Paulson Upped to SVP Casting At 20th Century Fox TV