EXCLUSIVE: Diane Henriques’ non-fiction book recounting of the life and lies of imprisoned swindler Bernie Madoff debuts at No. 10 on The New York Times bestseller list this weekend. The Wizard Of Lies: Bernie Madoff And The Death Of Trust, published on April 26, has been optioned by HBO for a movie, and right now sources tell me that the pay channel is negotiating with Robert De Niro to play Madoff. There’s no doubt that the two men definitely look alike. The book is said to be the definitive look at Madoff and his $65 billion Ponzi scheme. Meanwhile, De Niro has personal experience with being bilked: in 2009, Lawrence Salander, a prominent art gallery owner, was charged with bilking a slew of high-profile clients, including De Niro, out of $88 million on high-priced art deals over more than 15 years.
Robert De Niro Dealing To Play Bernie Madoff For HBO Movie Of 'The Wizard Of Lies'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Ropes $39M; 'Ninjago' Dulls Sword To $20M+; 'Friend Request' A Loner With $1.8M
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Latest TV News
- ‘Will & Grace’ Gang Takes On Donnie & Melania – Tribeca TV Festival
- Stevie Wonder “Takes A Knee” For America At Global Citizen Festival
- ‘Free Speech Week’ With Milo Yiannopoulos, Ann Coulter, Steve Bannon Canceled At UC Berkeley
- Golden State Warriors Will Not Visit Donald Trump’s White House
- MSNBC Devotes Day To Global Citizen Festival Featuring Stevie Wonder, Green Day, Pharrell Williams
- Donald Trump Doubles Down On NFL Stance: Kneelers Should Be Fired