EXCLUSIVE: Diane Henriques’ non-fiction book recounting of the life and lies of imprisoned swindler Bernie Madoff debuts at No. 10 on The New York Times bestseller list this weekend. The Wizard Of Lies: Bernie Madoff And The Death Of Trust, published on April 26, has been optioned by HBO for a movie, and right now sources tell me that the pay channel is negotiating with Robert De Niro to play Madoff. There’s no doubt that the two men definitely look alike. The book is said to be the definitive look at Madoff and his $65 billion Ponzi scheme. Meanwhile, De Niro has personal experience with being bilked: in 2009, Lawrence Salander, a prominent art gallery owner, was charged with bilking a slew of high-profile clients, including De Niro, out of $88 million on high-priced art deals over more than 15 years.
Robert De Niro Dealing To Play Bernie Madoff For HBO Movie Of 'The Wizard Of Lies'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Kelen Coleman Cast In CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Me, Myself & I’; Roberto Aguire Joins CBS’ Paul Attanasio Drama
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ To Launch By Early Fall On CBS All Access, Les Moonves Says
- Oscar Ratings Down Double Digits In Demo; 32.9M Viewership Hits 9-Year Low – Update
- Fox News’ Longtime Ad Sales Exec Paul Rittenberg To Leave In April
- Jeremy Piven To Topline ‘Wisdom Of The Crowd’ CBS Drama Pilot
- This Is Not A Joke: ‘La La Land’ Producer Jordan Horowitz Talks Oscars’ “Surreal Moment” On ‘GMA…