EXCLUSIVE: Diane Henriques’ non-fiction book recounting of the life and lies of imprisoned swindler Bernie Madoff debuts at No. 10 on The New York Times bestseller list this weekend. The Wizard Of Lies: Bernie Madoff And The Death Of Trust, published on April 26, has been optioned by HBO for a movie, and right now sources tell me that the pay channel is negotiating with Robert De Niro to play Madoff. There’s no doubt that the two men definitely look alike. The book is said to be the definitive look at Madoff and his $65 billion Ponzi scheme. Meanwhile, De Niro has personal experience with being bilked: in 2009, Lawrence Salander, a prominent art gallery owner, was charged with bilking a slew of high-profile clients, including De Niro, out of $88 million on high-priced art deals over more than 15 years.
Robert De Niro Dealing To Play Bernie Madoff For HBO Movie Of 'The Wizard Of Lies'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; 'Girls Trip' Hot At $27M+; 'Valerian' Falling To Earth With $16M
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Latest TV News
- From 'Fauda's Assaf Bernstein On 'Rose Madder’ To 'The Shining' Onstage: What's Behind Stephen King's…
- ‘Hannity’ Books Sean Spicer, Anthony Scaramucci & Reince Priebus To Spin White House Press Office Explosion
- True-Crime Anthology Series From Nick Antosca & Michelle Dean In Works At Hulu
- ‘Happy!’: Joseph Reitman Cast As Main Villain In Syfy Series
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Debuts “Action-Packed” Season 8 Trailer, Praises Deceased Stuntman…
- ‘iZombie’: Robert Knepper Upped To Series Regular For Season 4 Of CW Series