EXCLUSIVE: Diane Henriques’ non-fiction book recounting of the life and lies of imprisoned swindler Bernie Madoff debuts at No. 10 on The New York Times bestseller list this weekend. The Wizard Of Lies: Bernie Madoff And The Death Of Trust, published on April 26, has been optioned by HBO for a movie, and right now sources tell me that the pay channel is negotiating with Robert De Niro to play Madoff. There’s no doubt that the two men definitely look alike. The book is said to be the definitive look at Madoff and his $65 billion Ponzi scheme. Meanwhile, De Niro has personal experience with being bilked: in 2009, Lawrence Salander, a prominent art gallery owner, was charged with bilking a slew of high-profile clients, including De Niro, out of $88 million on high-priced art deals over more than 15 years.
Robert De Niro Dealing To Play Bernie Madoff For HBO Movie Of 'The Wizard Of Lies'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Off To Low Ratings Start, 'Jane The Virgin' Slips In Return, 'Blindspot' Ticks Up
'The Arcana Chronicles' Books To Get TV Series Adaptation By Warner Bros. With Adam Shankman Producing
Latest TV News
- ‘The Mysteries of Laura’ Gets Order For 5 More Scripts From NBC
- ‘Famous In Love’ Drama Starring Bella Thorne Gets ABC Family Pilot Order
- ‘Married With Roommates’ Comedy Set At CBS With David Janollari Producing
- Democratic Debate Live Blog: Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders And Three Other Guys
- Lee Daniels, Megan Ellison, Rob Marshall To Be Feted At SAG Foundation 30th Anniversary Gala
- ‘Dominion’ Canceled After 2 Seasons By Syfy