CBS is keeping the untitled Rob Schneider comedy in strong contention for midseason. Since CBS ordered only two new comedy series, Two Broke Girls and How to Be a Gentleman, there has been speculation that the network may pick up a third one. Chatter quickly focused on the untitled Rob Schneider multi-ethnic comedy. I hear the show has been given permission to hire writers, which is usually a promising sign. There is no pickup decision by CBS yet, but the network has been in active discussions on the project, and a midseason order as early as today is a possibility. Alternatively, the network also has been mulling ordering a second pilot. In any case, the project is expected to undergo some retooling if it goes forward. The multi-camera comedy, which Schneider co-wrote with Lew Morton, stars Schneider as a confirmed bachelor who has just married into a tight-knit Mexican-American family. Nadine Velazquez, Tony Plana and Lupe Ontiveros co-starred in the pilot.
Rob Schneider's Comedy Remains In Strong Contention For Midseason At CBS
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report