EXCLUSIVE: Just as Rob Lowe’s autobiography Stories I Only Tell My Friends makes its debut this weekend at #3 on The New York Times Bestseller Lists, he has signed on to star in Knife Fight, a Bill Guttentag film that deals with the dark side of political operatives. Lowe, who played senior White House aide Sam Seaborn in The West Wing and California senator Robert McCallister in Brothers and Sisters, this time will star in the lead role of a political crisis specialist who plays hard and tough in dealing with various October campaign surprises. The picture is coming together with the plan to shoot in San Francisco in June for release in October, 2012 for the Presidential Election. The film’s being put together independently through deluca films and Divisadero Pictures, with Mary Vernieu casting.
Rob Lowe Signs Up For A 'Knife Fight'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest Film News
- ‘Firestarter’: Stephen King Classic Reignites With Universal, Blumhouse & Akiva Goldsman Directing
- Tribeca Film Festival Winners: ‘Keep The Change’, ‘Bobbi Jene’ Tops
- Broad Green Pictures Hires Four Execs In Marketing & Legal Departments
- ‘Little Prince’s Mark Osborne & Scribe Adam Kline Link With Fox Animation For Two New Projects
- ‘3 Generations’: Weinstein Co. & MPAA Agree On PG-13 Rating, With GLAAD’s Backing & Some Cuts
- Famke Janssen Joins Cast Of Michael Caton-Jones’ Movie ‘Asher’