ReelzChannel has entered into a production deal with Asylum Entertainment to develop and produce original scripted series for the fledgling network. Asylum and Joel Surnow recently produced the controversial miniseries The Kennedys, which ReelzChannel picked up after its original network, History, passed at the last minute. Under the deal, ReelzChannel and Asylum expect to have a new series launching on the network in 2013 or as early as late next year and will develop and produce other scripted and unscripted projects together. Asylum president and chief creative officer Jonathan Koch will oversee development, with Surnow serving as a consulting executive.
ReelzChannel Signs Production Deal With Asylum Entertainment
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- BOOM! Studios Inks First Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- NBC Cancels 'Working The Engels'
- Fox Buys Sibling Rivalry Comedy From Dana Klein With Put Pilot Commitment
- Showtime Renews 'Ray Donovan' & 'Masters Of Sex' For Third Season