ReelzChannel has entered into a production deal with Asylum Entertainment to develop and produce original scripted series for the fledgling network. Asylum and Joel Surnow recently produced the controversial miniseries The Kennedys, which ReelzChannel picked up after its original network, History, passed at the last minute. Under the deal, ReelzChannel and Asylum expect to have a new series launching on the network in 2013 or as early as late next year and will develop and produce other scripted and unscripted projects together. Asylum president and chief creative officer Jonathan Koch will oversee development, with Surnow serving as a consulting executive.
ReelzChannel Signs Production Deal With Asylum Entertainment
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot
- Hollywood Activists Join In Pressuring Amazon To Drop NRA TV From Streaming Service
- Television Academy Revises Its Code of Conduct For #MeToo Era