ReelzChannel has entered into a production deal with Asylum Entertainment to develop and produce original scripted series for the fledgling network. Asylum and Joel Surnow recently produced the controversial miniseries The Kennedys, which ReelzChannel picked up after its original network, History, passed at the last minute. Under the deal, ReelzChannel and Asylum expect to have a new series launching on the network in 2013 or as early as late next year and will develop and produce other scripted and unscripted projects together. Asylum president and chief creative officer Jonathan Koch will oversee development, with Surnow serving as a consulting executive.
ReelzChannel Signs Production Deal With Asylum Entertainment
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Cuts Into 'Scorpion' In Los Angeles
- Cindy Chupack Sells Girlfriends Comedy To ABC
- Fred Goss Family Comedy Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- ABC Family Picks Up 'Stitchers' And 'Young & Hungry', Cancels 'Mystery Girls', Passes On 'Unstrung'
- Jenna Elfman Inks Development Deal With 20th TV To Topline New Series
- 'Once Upon A Time' & 'Family Guy' Soar; 'Resurrection', 'Revenge' & 'CSI' Down In Return – Ratings Rat Race