Reaper creators/executive producers Michele Fazekas and Tara Butters have signed a two-year overall deal with CBS TV Studios. Under the seven-figure deal, which begins June 1, the two will serve as full-time consulting producers on the studio’s CBS cop drama Hawaii Five-0, which is all but picked up for next season. Additionally, they will develop new projects for the studio. This marks a return to the crime procedural genre for Fazekas and Butters who spent five seasons on NBC’s Law & Order: SVU, rising to co-executive producers and earning two WGA Award nominations. Fazekas and Butters are coming off a two-year overall deal at 20th TV where they created and exec produced last year’s ABC pilot Cutthroat and consulted on Dollhouse, Chaos and Terra Nova. Before that, the duo was based at ABC Studios where they created and exec produced Reaper and served as showrunners on the CW dramedy for its two-season run. The CW, one of the two primary networks CBS Studios supplies, along with CBS, is now run by Mark Pedowitz who, as president of ABC Studios developed Reaper with Fazekas and Butters and has a great relationship with them. ICM-repped Fazekas and Butters got their start as a writing team on Fox’s Get Real and also worked on NBC’s Ed.
'Reaper' Creators Michele Fazekas & Tara Butters Sign Overall Deal With CBS Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- HBO, Russia’s Amedia Expand Deal; ‘Doctor Who’ Showrunner Russell T. Davies To Be Honored At Edinburgh TV Fest…
- Charter Forges Alliance With Dolan Family Media Analytics Firm
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.