After taking last Friday off for the swan song of veteran Smallville, CW’s Supernatural returned last night for its own season closer. The finale drew 2.1 million viewers and a 0.8/3 in adults 18-49, down 20% in the demo from the show’s last original. With CBS’ established Friday dramas CSI: NY and Blue Bloods in repeat/replaced by 48 Hours Mystery, respectively, after ending their seasons last week, Flashpoint (0.9/3) at 8 PM dropped 31% from last week. Fox (average of 1.5/6) won the night in 18-49 with a new Kitchen Nightmares (1.6/6), the highest-rated program of the night, followed by a repeat of the unscripted series (1.4/5). ABC (1.3/4) was second with a Shark Tank rerun and newsmagazines, followed by NBC, which aired Friday Night Lights (0.9/3, up a tenth) and Dateline.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Supernatural' Ends Season On Low Note
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest TV News
- Abrams Artists Agency Ups Jade Sherman To VP On Digital Team
- ‘Arrested Development’s Jessica Walter Alleges Jeffrey Tambor Verbally Harassed Her
- Mark Wahlberg, Stephen Levinson & Archie Gips’ Unrealistic Ideas Taps Jonty Nash As Head Of Development
- ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate’s Claim That Network Didn’t Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer…
- John Malkovich To Play Hercule Poirot In ‘The ABC Murders’ For BBC One
- Former ‘Bachelorette’ Star Claims She Was Sexually Assaulted By Show’s Masseuse