Fringe ended its third season last night in a ho-hum fashion. (Knowing their show is coming back, fans probably didn’t feel any urgency to see the finale right away.) It drew a 1.2 rating in 18-49, down a tenth from last week, despite its lead-in, Kitchen Nightmares (1.6), being up a big 23%. Nice bump for Gordon Ramsey after his appearance on American Idol Thursday night. Fox finished tied with CBS and ABC for the night in 18-49, while CBS won in total viewers. CBS’ Achilles’ heel once again was the 8 PM slot, which claimed another casualty: once solid Canadian cop drama Flashpoint, which returned with a 1.1 demo rating. CSI: NY (1.5) was down two tenths, followed by Blue Bloods (1.5). down a tenth and last in the 10 PM hour behind NBC’s Dateline (1.9) and ABC’s 20/20 (1.7). Friday Night Lights (0.8) was up a tenth, while Shark Tank (1.2), Smallville and Supernatural were steady.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Fringe' Down In Finale, 'Flashpoint' Low In Return
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins - Full List
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On 'The Daily Show'
Latest TV News
- Univision Taps Steve Mandala To Run Ad Sales & Marketing
- ‘Salvation’ Ratings Down, ‘Carmichael’ Even & CBS Wins Night
- AMC Developing 1990s Chicago Drama Series From Ben Watkins With Ed Burns Set To Exec Produce & Co-Star
- Showtime Orders Boston 1990s Crime Drama Pilot From Ben Affleck & Matt Damon, Gavin O’Connor To Direct
- ‘Absentia’ Trailer: First Look At Stana Katic Crime Thriller On AXN
- ‘At Home With Amy Sedaris’ Gets Fall Premiere Date On truTV