Fringe ended its third season last night in a ho-hum fashion. (Knowing their show is coming back, fans probably didn’t feel any urgency to see the finale right away.) It drew a 1.2 rating in 18-49, down a tenth from last week, despite its lead-in, Kitchen Nightmares (1.6), being up a big 23%. Nice bump for Gordon Ramsey after his appearance on American Idol Thursday night. Fox finished tied with CBS and ABC for the night in 18-49, while CBS won in total viewers. CBS’ Achilles’ heel once again was the 8 PM slot, which claimed another casualty: once solid Canadian cop drama Flashpoint, which returned with a 1.1 demo rating. CSI: NY (1.5) was down two tenths, followed by Blue Bloods (1.5). down a tenth and last in the 10 PM hour behind NBC’s Dateline (1.9) and ABC’s 20/20 (1.7). Friday Night Lights (0.8) was up a tenth, while Shark Tank (1.2), Smallville and Supernatural were steady.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Fringe' Down In Finale, 'Flashpoint' Low In Return
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’
- ‘Downward Dog’ Canceled By ABC After 1 Season, Will Be Shopped To Other Nets