After announcing on Monday that he won’t run for U.S. president, Donald Trump returned to NBC’s Celebrity Apprentice for the season finale last night. It drew a 2.9 rating in 18-49, up 16% from last week but down 15% from last spring to rank as the lowest-rated spring Apprentice finale ever. Still, Celebrity Apprentice was the second-highest-rated program of the night in 18-49, tied with the 2011 Billboard Music Awards on ABC, which returned from a five-year hiatus up 7% vs. its last telecast in 2006 and helped ABC win the night in 18-49. Topping the demo ratings leader board last night was Fox’s Family Guy, whose season finale was down 6% from last week and 3% from last season’s finale. The finale of American Dad (1.6) was down 11% from last week, Bob’s Burgers finished its freshman season with a 2.1, down a tenth from last week, and veteran The Simpsons (2.5) was even with last week and last year’s finale. On CBS, the latest Jesse Stone movie, Innocents Lost, drew a typically for star Tom Selleck’s large but older crowd: a paltry 1.3 rating in 18-49 but a sizable audience of 13.3 million viewers.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Celebrity Apprentice' Season Finale Down From Last Year
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- Tracy Katsky Lines Up Six Comedy Sales, Extends Deal With Kapital Entertainment
- TBS Orders 'Wrecked' Deserted Island Comedy Pilot That Echoes 'Lost'
- Peter Jacobson, Alex Neustaedter & Gonzalo Menendez Join USA Pilot 'Colony'
- 'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
- Mark Gordon Co. To Adapt Novel 'Plus One', Revisit 'True Blue' For ABC
- Elizabeth Banks To Produce & Direct ABC Comedy From Caroline Williams