After announcing on Monday that he won’t run for U.S. president, Donald Trump returned to NBC’s Celebrity Apprentice for the season finale last night. It drew a 2.9 rating in 18-49, up 16% from last week but down 15% from last spring to rank as the lowest-rated spring Apprentice finale ever. Still, Celebrity Apprentice was the second-highest-rated program of the night in 18-49, tied with the 2011 Billboard Music Awards on ABC, which returned from a five-year hiatus up 7% vs. its last telecast in 2006 and helped ABC win the night in 18-49. Topping the demo ratings leader board last night was Fox’s Family Guy, whose season finale was down 6% from last week and 3% from last season’s finale. The finale of American Dad (1.6) was down 11% from last week, Bob’s Burgers finished its freshman season with a 2.1, down a tenth from last week, and veteran The Simpsons (2.5) was even with last week and last year’s finale. On CBS, the latest Jesse Stone movie, Innocents Lost, drew a typically for star Tom Selleck’s large but older crowd: a paltry 1.3 rating in 18-49 but a sizable audience of 13.3 million viewers.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Celebrity Apprentice' Season Finale Down From Last Year
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”