Disney is in talks with Rachel Weisz to join James Franco and Mila Kunis in the Sam Raimi-directed Oz: The Great And Powerful. I’m told the Oscar winner will play Evanora, the meaner older witch sister of Theodora (Kunis). Mitchell Kapner and David Lindsay-Abaire wrote the script, and Joe Roth is producing. Production starts in the summer. Weisz is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Rachel Weisz In Talks For Disney's 'Oz: The Great And Powerful'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Today' Show Boots Amy Adams–Just Because She Didn't Want To Discuss Sony Hacking
- Shocker! Sony E-Mail Leaks, No Apology To Follow
- Rough Road Awards
- 'Homeland' Finale: “Long Time Coming”
- Bart & Fleming: On…What Else? Sony Hack Attack
- Attention, Hacked And Beleaguered Sony Staffers: Self-Protection Tips