Disney is in talks with Rachel Weisz to join James Franco and Mila Kunis in the Sam Raimi-directed Oz: The Great And Powerful. I’m told the Oscar winner will play Evanora, the meaner older witch sister of Theodora (Kunis). Mitchell Kapner and David Lindsay-Abaire wrote the script, and Joe Roth is producing. Production starts in the summer. Weisz is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Rachel Weisz In Talks For Disney's 'Oz: The Great And Powerful'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Shark Spec Script 'In The Deep' Won By Sony
- 'Godzilla' Sequel To Be Scripted By Max Borenstein
- Jada Pinkett Smith Circling 'Magic Mike' Sequel
- 'Fargo's Noah Hawley To Adapt His Novel 'Before The Fall' In Sony Pic Deal
- Ang Lee Next Directing 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' At TriStar
- 'King Arthur' Crowns Its Guinevere