EXCLUSIVE: What a nice dilemma to have. Just last week, Deadline reported that Rachel Weisz was in talks with Walt Disney Studios for Oz: The Great And Powerful, to be directed by Sam Raimi. But now I’ve learned that Rachel is in even deeper talks to star opposite Jeremy Renner in Universal Pictures’ latest in the Bourne franchise. I hope she can do both pics, but she may not be able to: the Tony Gilroy-directed The Bourne Legacy starts shooting in September, and Oz is planned to go into production this summer. In the Bourne spinoff, two-time Oscar nominee Renner (The Hurt Locker, The Town) will play a new character: an operative from a covert government program that is even more dangerous than the Treadstone brainwashing program that hatched Bourne. Renner is not a kid, and Weisz would be a compatible co-star. In Oz, she would join James Franco and Mila Kunis and play Evanora, the meaner older witch sister of Theodora (Kunis). Weisz is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Rachel Weisz In Deep Talks For Bourne Gal
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest Film News
- Broad Green Pictures Hires Four Execs In Marketing And Legal Departments
- ‘Little Prince’s Mark Osborne & Scribe Adam Kline Link With Fox Animation For Two New Projects
- ‘3 Generations’: Weinstein Co. & MPAA Agree On PG-13 Rating, With GLAAD’s Backing & Some Cuts
- Famke Janssen Joins Cast Of Michael Caton-Jones’ Movie ‘Asher’
- NFL Players Union Stands In Solidarity With WGA As Strike Looms
- Gravitas Ventures Hires Scott Kaplan As SVP Global Sales