EXCLUSIVE: What a nice dilemma to have. Just last week, Deadline reported that Rachel Weisz was in talks with Walt Disney Studios for Oz: The Great And Powerful, to be directed by Sam Raimi. But now I’ve learned that Rachel is in even deeper talks to star opposite Jeremy Renner in Universal Pictures’ latest in the Bourne franchise. I hope she can do both pics, but she may not be able to: the Tony Gilroy-directed The Bourne Legacy starts shooting in September, and Oz is planned to go into production this summer. In the Bourne spinoff, two-time Oscar nominee Renner (The Hurt Locker, The Town) will play a new character: an operative from a covert government program that is even more dangerous than the Treadstone brainwashing program that hatched Bourne. Renner is not a kid, and Weisz would be a compatible co-star. In Oz, she would join James Franco and Mila Kunis and play Evanora, the meaner older witch sister of Theodora (Kunis). Weisz is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Rachel Weisz In Deep Talks For Bourne Gal
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest Film News
- ‘Coco’ Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; ‘Justice League’ At $61M+; ‘Wonder’ Wows At $32M+: Friday…
- Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: “I’m Glad It’s Going Slowly, You Don’t Deserve A Bullet… Stay Tuned”…
- Feng Xiaogang’s ‘Youth’ Reinstated: China & U.S. Release Date Set After Sept Delay
- ‘Suburbicon’ Production Designer On Cobbling Together Idyllic ’50s Suburb Out Of Disparate SoCal Locations
- Jane Campion: It’s A “Fairy Tale” Time For Women In The Entertainment Business
- Allison Williams Says ‘Peter Pan’ Performance Scored Her ‘Get Out’ Role