EXCLUSIVE: What a nice dilemma to have. Just last week, Deadline reported that Rachel Weisz was in talks with Walt Disney Studios for Oz: The Great And Powerful, to be directed by Sam Raimi. But now I’ve learned that Rachel is in even deeper talks to star opposite Jeremy Renner in Universal Pictures’ latest in the Bourne franchise. I hope she can do both pics, but she may not be able to: the Tony Gilroy-directed The Bourne Legacy starts shooting in September, and Oz is planned to go into production this summer. In the Bourne spinoff, two-time Oscar nominee Renner (The Hurt Locker, The Town) will play a new character: an operative from a covert government program that is even more dangerous than the Treadstone brainwashing program that hatched Bourne. Renner is not a kid, and Weisz would be a compatible co-star. In Oz, she would join James Franco and Mila Kunis and play Evanora, the meaner older witch sister of Theodora (Kunis). Weisz is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Rachel Weisz In Deep Talks For Bourne Gal
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Monday AM Update
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? – Monday AM Update
- Cannes Film Festival Re-Elects Pierre Lescure As President; Lionsgate Inks Deals For ‘Kicking & Screaming’…
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones & Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home
- ‘Rogue One’ Rises To $980M Global; ‘Passengers’ Takes Over Offshore No. 1 – International…
- Golden Globe Winners 'Moonlight' & 'Elle' Cash In – Specialty Box Office
- ‘La La Land’ Twirls Past $50M Overseas; Shines With $132M Global Box Office