EXCLUSIVE: What a nice dilemma to have. Just last week, Deadline reported that Rachel Weisz was in talks with Walt Disney Studios for Oz: The Great And Powerful, to be directed by Sam Raimi. But now I’ve learned that Rachel is in even deeper talks to star opposite Jeremy Renner in Universal Pictures’ latest in the Bourne franchise. I hope she can do both pics, but she may not be able to: the Tony Gilroy-directed The Bourne Legacy starts shooting in September, and Oz is planned to go into production this summer. In the Bourne spinoff, two-time Oscar nominee Renner (The Hurt Locker, The Town) will play a new character: an operative from a covert government program that is even more dangerous than the Treadstone brainwashing program that hatched Bourne. Renner is not a kid, and Weisz would be a compatible co-star. In Oz, she would join James Franco and Mila Kunis and play Evanora, the meaner older witch sister of Theodora (Kunis). Weisz is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Rachel Weisz In Deep Talks For Bourne Gal
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest Film News
- Ex-IM Global Founder Stuart Ford Launches New Content Creator AGC Studios
- Steven Soderbergh Talks ‘Unsane’ Distribution & Shooting His Next Film On An iPhone – Berlin
- Ousted Weinstein Company COO David Glasser To File $85M Lawsuit Against Board Members, Alleging He Has Been Made A Scapegoat
- ‘Black Panther’ Posts Record $21M Pre-Summer Tuesday; Second Weekend To Reap $104M-$109M
- Study Finds “Little Progress” For Women In Percentage Of Non-Acting Oscar Nominations
- ‘Black Panther’ Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film’s Record-Breaking Weekend