EXCLUSIVE: What a nice dilemma to have. Just last week, Deadline reported that Rachel Weisz was in talks with Walt Disney Studios for Oz: The Great And Powerful, to be directed by Sam Raimi. But now I’ve learned that Rachel is in even deeper talks to star opposite Jeremy Renner in Universal Pictures’ latest in the Bourne franchise. I hope she can do both pics, but she may not be able to: the Tony Gilroy-directed The Bourne Legacy starts shooting in September, and Oz is planned to go into production this summer. In the Bourne spinoff, two-time Oscar nominee Renner (The Hurt Locker, The Town) will play a new character: an operative from a covert government program that is even more dangerous than the Treadstone brainwashing program that hatched Bourne. Renner is not a kid, and Weisz would be a compatible co-star. In Oz, she would join James Franco and Mila Kunis and play Evanora, the meaner older witch sister of Theodora (Kunis). Weisz is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Rachel Weisz In Deep Talks For Bourne Gal
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest Film News
- Universal Pictures Crosses $5 Billion At Global Box Office Driven By ‘Fate Of The Furious,’ ‘DM3’
- Derek Haas’ ‘Silver Bear’ Book Series Acquired By Nickel City Pictures
- Donald Trump Looks Like A Real Winner If Disney & Fox Deal Gets Done
- Costco Offers Combined One-Year MoviePass And Fandor Subscription For $89.99
- ‘Three Billboards,’ ‘Lady Bird,’ ‘Call Me By Your Name’ Lead Australian…
- Michael Apted To Get DGA Honorary Life Member Award