EXCLUSIVE: What a nice dilemma to have. Just last week, Deadline reported that Rachel Weisz was in talks with Walt Disney Studios for Oz: The Great And Powerful, to be directed by Sam Raimi. But now I’ve learned that Rachel is in even deeper talks to star opposite Jeremy Renner in Universal Pictures’ latest in the Bourne franchise. I hope she can do both pics, but she may not be able to: the Tony Gilroy-directed The Bourne Legacy starts shooting in September, and Oz is planned to go into production this summer. In the Bourne spinoff, two-time Oscar nominee Renner (The Hurt Locker, The Town) will play a new character: an operative from a covert government program that is even more dangerous than the Treadstone brainwashing program that hatched Bourne. Renner is not a kid, and Weisz would be a compatible co-star. In Oz, she would join James Franco and Mila Kunis and play Evanora, the meaner older witch sister of Theodora (Kunis). Weisz is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Rachel Weisz In Deep Talks For Bourne Gal
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
'Moana' Keeps Fire Going In Chilly December Weekend; 'Manchester' & 'Jackie' Bask In Awards Season Rays
Latest Film News
- ‘The Mummy’ Trailer: Watch The Franchise Rise From The Grave
- ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Bests $600M WW; ‘Moana’ Mints $177M; ‘Doctor Strange’ Ices ‘Deadpool’, ‘Iron Man 2’ – Intl Box…
- Los Angeles Film Critics Name ‘Moonlight’ Best Picture Of The Year
- British Independent Film Awards: ‘American Honey’ & ‘Under The Shadow’ Glow – Full Winners List
- Disney Sets Industry Record At Domestic Box Office; Crosses $4B Intl For First Time
- ‘Jackie' Bows With Year's 5th Best PTA – Specialty Box Office