EXCLUSIVE: What a nice dilemma to have. Just last week, Deadline reported that Rachel Weisz was in talks with Walt Disney Studios for Oz: The Great And Powerful, to be directed by Sam Raimi. But now I’ve learned that Rachel is in even deeper talks to star opposite Jeremy Renner in Universal Pictures’ latest in the Bourne franchise. I hope she can do both pics, but she may not be able to: the Tony Gilroy-directed The Bourne Legacy starts shooting in September, and Oz is planned to go into production this summer. In the Bourne spinoff, two-time Oscar nominee Renner (The Hurt Locker, The Town) will play a new character: an operative from a covert government program that is even more dangerous than the Treadstone brainwashing program that hatched Bourne. Renner is not a kid, and Weisz would be a compatible co-star. In Oz, she would join James Franco and Mila Kunis and play Evanora, the meaner older witch sister of Theodora (Kunis). Weisz is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Rachel Weisz In Deep Talks For Bourne Gal
What's Hot on Deadline
Barcelona Terrorist Attack: 13 Confirmed Dead, 100+ Hurt After Van Rams Crowd; Two Suspects Arrested - Update
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
'The Glass Castle' Review: Woody Harrelson Delivers Career-Best Performance In Touching True Family Story
Latest Film News
- Michael B. Jordan, Jennifer Yuh Nelson Plot ‘A Bittersweet Life’ For Fox & 21 Laps
- UTA Signs DeWanda Wise, Star Of Spike Lee Series ‘She's Gotta Have It’
- Olivia Colman, Alice Englert, Thomas Mann Set For ‘Them That Follow’
- Is Bob Iger Fed Up With One Of Disney’s Most Vigorous Wall Street Critics?
- The Orchard Lands ‘Outside In’ & Magnolia Acquires ‘The Gospel According To André’; Both…
- Bart & Fleming: How Bad Was Movie Summer 2017?