As Cool As I Am, the Max Mayer-directed coming-of-age story based on the Pete Fromm novel, has kicked off production in New Mexico. Claire Danes and James Marsden star alongside Thomas Mann, Clark Gregg, Jeremy Sisto, Anika Noni Rose and Sarah Bolger in the film, about the teen daughter (Bolger) of self-centered parents (Danes and Marsden) who married too young and never had a chance to grow up themselves. Mann plays the daughter’s best friend, who comes to fall in love with her. Virginia Korus Spragg wrote the screenplay. Wind Dancer Films’ Matt Williams and Judd Payne will produce alongside Anthony Mastromauro of Identity Films; Wind Dancer’s David McFadzean and Dete Meserve are executive producing. Mayer’s last film, Adam, played at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival and was acquired by Fox Searchlight. He is repped by ICM.
Production Starts On 'As Cool As I Am'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Latest Film News
- ‘Rings’ Trailer: Samara Returns In The Digital Era
- Doug Liman Will Direct DC Title ‘Justice League Dark’ For Warner Bros
- ‘Manchester By The Sea’ Trailer: First Look At Kenneth Lonergan’s Family Drama Starring Casey Affleck
- Colin Ford, Ellie Bamber, Timothy Simons Lead ‘Extracurricular Activities’
- Nate Parker Won’t Face Public Press Grilling As ‘Birth Of A Nation’ Screens At Toronto
- Carrie Fisher, Debbie Reynolds & Errol Morris Highlight New York Film Festival Documentary Lineup