As Cool As I Am, the Max Mayer-directed coming-of-age story based on the Pete Fromm novel, has kicked off production in New Mexico. Claire Danes and James Marsden star alongside Thomas Mann, Clark Gregg, Jeremy Sisto, Anika Noni Rose and Sarah Bolger in the film, about the teen daughter (Bolger) of self-centered parents (Danes and Marsden) who married too young and never had a chance to grow up themselves. Mann plays the daughter’s best friend, who comes to fall in love with her. Virginia Korus Spragg wrote the screenplay. Wind Dancer Films’ Matt Williams and Judd Payne will produce alongside Anthony Mastromauro of Identity Films; Wind Dancer’s David McFadzean and Dete Meserve are executive producing. Mayer’s last film, Adam, played at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival and was acquired by Fox Searchlight. He is repped by ICM.
Production Starts On 'As Cool As I Am'
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest Film News
- One To Watch: The Incredible Underdog Story Of Beulah Koale, Star Of ‘Thank You For Your Service’ & ‘Hawaii Five-O…
- The Scaramucci Post Pulls “How Many Jews” Holocaust Poll After Twitter Torching
- Reese Witherspoon Says She Was Sexually Assaulted By Director At Age 16
- TV Azteca, Keshet Team For Super Series; Acorn Looks ‘Straight Forward’ – Mipcom
- Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; “People Will Start Seeing The Potential”
- Cher Dances Her Way Into ‘Mamma Mia!’ Sequel