As Cool As I Am, the Max Mayer-directed coming-of-age story based on the Pete Fromm novel, has kicked off production in New Mexico. Claire Danes and James Marsden star alongside Thomas Mann, Clark Gregg, Jeremy Sisto, Anika Noni Rose and Sarah Bolger in the film, about the teen daughter (Bolger) of self-centered parents (Danes and Marsden) who married too young and never had a chance to grow up themselves. Mann plays the daughter’s best friend, who comes to fall in love with her. Virginia Korus Spragg wrote the screenplay. Wind Dancer Films’ Matt Williams and Judd Payne will produce alongside Anthony Mastromauro of Identity Films; Wind Dancer’s David McFadzean and Dete Meserve are executive producing. Mayer’s last film, Adam, played at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival and was acquired by Fox Searchlight. He is repped by ICM.
Production Starts On 'As Cool As I Am'
Trending Now on Deadline
Oscar Watch: From Aniston To Bening To Rowlands Best Actress Dark Horses Make Their Move In "Thin" Field
More From Team
- Discovery Life Channel Sets 'The Mistress' Series
- ITV Accused Of Unfair Labor Practices By WGA East
- 'CNN Original' Roger Strauss Retires; Directed Tiananmen Square Live Coverage
- Ellen Barkin To Guest Star In Showtime's 'Happyish' Pilot
- Brenton Thwaites Boards 'Pirates 5′ Ship For Disney
- 'Strange Magic' Trailer: George Lucas' Animated Fairy Tale