As Cool As I Am, the Max Mayer-directed coming-of-age story based on the Pete Fromm novel, has kicked off production in New Mexico. Claire Danes and James Marsden star alongside Thomas Mann, Clark Gregg, Jeremy Sisto, Anika Noni Rose and Sarah Bolger in the film, about the teen daughter (Bolger) of self-centered parents (Danes and Marsden) who married too young and never had a chance to grow up themselves. Mann plays the daughter’s best friend, who comes to fall in love with her. Virginia Korus Spragg wrote the screenplay. Wind Dancer Films’ Matt Williams and Judd Payne will produce alongside Anthony Mastromauro of Identity Films; Wind Dancer’s David McFadzean and Dete Meserve are executive producing. Mayer’s last film, Adam, played at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival and was acquired by Fox Searchlight. He is repped by ICM.
Production Starts On 'As Cool As I Am'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Ousted Weinstein Company COO David Glasser To File $85M Lawsuit Against Board Members, Alleging He Has Been Made A Scapegoat
Latest Film News
- Lupita Nyong'o To Star In ‘Born A Crime’ Based On Memoir By Trevor Noah
- Cinedigm Acquires Eric Stoltz-Helmed ‘Class Rank’ For May Release
- ‘Mudbound’ Cinematographer Rachel Morrison Makes Oscar History, Capturing Filmic Look Through Digital Processes
- How A Danny Boyle-Directed James Bond Film Could Happen: Think ‘Trainspotting’ Reunion
- Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
- ‘The Commuter’ Rides Past $100M At Worldwide Box Office