As Cool As I Am, the Max Mayer-directed coming-of-age story based on the Pete Fromm novel, has kicked off production in New Mexico. Claire Danes and James Marsden star alongside Thomas Mann, Clark Gregg, Jeremy Sisto, Anika Noni Rose and Sarah Bolger in the film, about the teen daughter (Bolger) of self-centered parents (Danes and Marsden) who married too young and never had a chance to grow up themselves. Mann plays the daughter’s best friend, who comes to fall in love with her. Virginia Korus Spragg wrote the screenplay. Wind Dancer Films’ Matt Williams and Judd Payne will produce alongside Anthony Mastromauro of Identity Films; Wind Dancer’s David McFadzean and Dete Meserve are executive producing. Mayer’s last film, Adam, played at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival and was acquired by Fox Searchlight. He is repped by ICM.
Production Starts On 'As Cool As I Am'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Defies 'Gravity' On Friday; 'Everest' & 'The Walk' In Large Format Quandary - Saturday AM Box Office Update
Latest Film News
- Gabrielle Carteris Re-Elected As EVP Of SAG-AFTRA, National VP/LA Is Clyde Kusatsu – Update
- Paramount Pulls In Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’ With Matt Damon, Reese Witherspoon
- ‘The Martian’ Review: Matt Damon Proves There Is Life On Mars In This Sci-Fi Gem
- 20th Century Fox Names Sirena Liu As Head Of China Office
- Trudie Styler To Direct Bette Midler, Others In LGBT Film ‘Freak Show’
- Kodak Names Cinematographer-in-Residence at UCLA; Tribeca Shortlist, New SVOD Service Launched