LOS ANGELES, CA (May 16, 2011) – The Producers Guild of America (PGA) announced today the ten winning film projects of the 2011 PGA Producers Showcase (ProShow) competition, taking place in conjunction with the third annual Produced By Conference (PBC) in association with AFCI Locations on June 3-5, 2011 at The Walt Disney Studios. The goal of ProShow film project competition, which was developed by the PGA’s International Committee, is to help film producers initiate business relationships, co-develop compelling projects and spearhead investment involving the producing community, a panel of financiers, as well as local and international film commissions.
The 2011 ProShow accepted submissions for both international and domestic projects. The winning projects and producers are:
• 7 ON ICE – Robert Gill (Canada)
• BAND OF ANGELS – Dana Kuznetzkoff (USA)
• HIGHWAYS TO WAR – Naomi Wenck (New South Wales)
• SABLE ISLAND RADIO – Christopher Zimmer (Nova Scotia)
• SIGHTINGS – 3D – Sean Hoessli (USA)
• SPAIN IN FLAMES – Pepe Flores Caballer (Spain)
• THE CALLING – Sung-Cheol Sean Kim (Korea)
• THE SECRET RIVER – Stephen Luby (Victoria, Australia)
• THE STRAW HAT DETECTIVE – John Andrews (USA)
• WHERE DID WENDI GO – Trevor Richardson (USA)
The ProShow winners will receive free admission to this year’s PBC in association with AFCI Locations where they will participate in an exclusive marketplace for their projects, involving one-on-one meetings with producers, studios and production companies, Hollywood financiers, and film commissions.