EXCLUSIVE: On the heels of getting a new job as a judge on Fox’s X Factor, Paula Abdul is also getting a new agency representation. Abdul has just signed with CAA. For the past almost 2 years, since her abrupt departure from American Idol in the summer of 2009, Abdul had been at UTA. But she has recently been at odds with the agency over commissions on her blockbuster deal for X Factor. UTA has argued that it is entitled to the commission while the singer has claimed that she shouldn’t pay as she got the job because of her pre-existing relationship with Simon Cowell. Abdul had threatened to leave if the agency didn’t agree not to commission her for X Factor. That has now become a reality. At CAA, she joins her pal Cowell who is also repped there. In addition to her stint on American idol, Abdul also had her own show, Live to Dance, on CBS.
'The X Factor' Paula Abdul Signs With CAA
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup