EXCLUSIVE: On the heels of getting a new job as a judge on Fox’s X Factor, Paula Abdul is also getting a new agency representation. Abdul has just signed with CAA. For the past almost 2 years, since her abrupt departure from American Idol in the summer of 2009, Abdul had been at UTA. But she has recently been at odds with the agency over commissions on her blockbuster deal for X Factor. UTA has argued that it is entitled to the commission while the singer has claimed that she shouldn’t pay as she got the job because of her pre-existing relationship with Simon Cowell. Abdul had threatened to leave if the agency didn’t agree not to commission her for X Factor. That has now become a reality. At CAA, she joins her pal Cowell who is also repped there. In addition to her stint on American idol, Abdul also had her own show, Live to Dance, on CBS.
'The X Factor' Paula Abdul Signs With CAA
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- Obama Declines To Dance For Ellen DeGeneres’ Show; Republic Still Standing
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani
- Laura Dern To Star In HBO Death Row Drama In Development From Alex Gibney
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016