EXCLUSIVE: On the heels of getting a new job as a judge on Fox’s X Factor, Paula Abdul is also getting a new agency representation. Abdul has just signed with CAA. For the past almost 2 years, since her abrupt departure from American Idol in the summer of 2009, Abdul had been at UTA. But she has recently been at odds with the agency over commissions on her blockbuster deal for X Factor. UTA has argued that it is entitled to the commission while the singer has claimed that she shouldn’t pay as she got the job because of her pre-existing relationship with Simon Cowell. Abdul had threatened to leave if the agency didn’t agree not to commission her for X Factor. That has now become a reality. At CAA, she joins her pal Cowell who is also repped there. In addition to her stint on American idol, Abdul also had her own show, Live to Dance, on CBS.
'The X Factor' Paula Abdul Signs With CAA
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres