EXCLUSIVE: On the heels of getting a new job as a judge on Fox’s X Factor, Paula Abdul is also getting a new agency representation. Abdul has just signed with CAA. For the past almost 2 years, since her abrupt departure from American Idol in the summer of 2009, Abdul had been at UTA. But she has recently been at odds with the agency over commissions on her blockbuster deal for X Factor. UTA has argued that it is entitled to the commission while the singer has claimed that she shouldn’t pay as she got the job because of her pre-existing relationship with Simon Cowell. Abdul had threatened to leave if the agency didn’t agree not to commission her for X Factor. That has now become a reality. At CAA, she joins her pal Cowell who is also repped there. In addition to her stint on American idol, Abdul also had her own show, Live to Dance, on CBS.
'The X Factor' Paula Abdul Signs With CAA
Trending Now on Deadline
Int'l Box Office Update: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Local Action In France, Mexico; More
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Box Office Weekend: 'Fury' Wins War With $23M+; 'Book Of Life,' $16.6M to $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M; 'Best Of Me' $10M+
More From Andreeva
- Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
- 'The Erotic Silence Of The American Wife' Drama From Sally Robinson & Tony Krantz Set At ABC
- Tyra Banks Panel Talk Show To Launch In Fall 2015 On ABC Stations
- ABC Buys Bookclub Comedy From Patti Carr, Lara Olsen & Eva Longoria
- James Denton To Co-Star In 'The Good Witch' Series On Hallmark Channel
- Pitbull To Return As Host Of American Music Awards