I hear Paula Abdul just closed her deal to be the fourth judge on Fox’s The X Factor and is getting ready for tomorrow’s first two auditions tapings at 1 PM and 6 PM. With contract negotiations dragging on until the last possible minute, it is a good thing that the tapings are here in Los Angeles. Simon Cowell has a penchant for drama, and his U.S. X Factor has already offered a lot of that. The series’ hosts, Nicole Scherzinger and Steve Jones, were announced earlier this evening, less than 24 hours before they will emcee the first auditions. The other three judges on the reality show are Cowell, Antonio L.A. Reid and Cheryl Cole, marking Cowell’s reunion with his former American Idol cohort Abdul and his sidekick on the U.K. version of X Factor Cole.
Paula Abdul Closes Her Deal For 'X Factor'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest TV News
- Larry Wilmore Defends Use Of “Colloquialism” At Correspondents’ Dinner
- British Columbia Lowers Film & TV Tax Credit
- Tracy Scott Dies: Veteran Script Supervisor On Four Best Picture Oscar Nominees Was 46
- Syfy SVPs Paul Shapiro & Erik Storey Exit Amid Restructuring
- Ashley Sawyer Dies: MTV ‘Catfish’ Subject Was 23
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Video: Viewers Can Take The Lead In Virtual Reality