I hear Paula Abdul just closed her deal to be the fourth judge on Fox’s The X Factor and is getting ready for tomorrow’s first two auditions tapings at 1 PM and 6 PM. With contract negotiations dragging on until the last possible minute, it is a good thing that the tapings are here in Los Angeles. Simon Cowell has a penchant for drama, and his U.S. X Factor has already offered a lot of that. The series’ hosts, Nicole Scherzinger and Steve Jones, were announced earlier this evening, less than 24 hours before they will emcee the first auditions. The other three judges on the reality show are Cowell, Antonio L.A. Reid and Cheryl Cole, marking Cowell’s reunion with his former American Idol cohort Abdul and his sidekick on the U.K. version of X Factor Cole.
Paula Abdul Closes Her Deal For 'X Factor'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Latest TV News
- Max Greenfield Makes Reservation For ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’
- NASCAR 600 Ratings Slow Down, ‘Battle Creek’ Ends Even, ‘A.D.’ Ratings Dip
- Charter Nears $55B Deal To Buy Time Warner Cable: Reports
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82