I hear Paula Abdul just closed her deal to be the fourth judge on Fox’s The X Factor and is getting ready for tomorrow’s first two auditions tapings at 1 PM and 6 PM. With contract negotiations dragging on until the last possible minute, it is a good thing that the tapings are here in Los Angeles. Simon Cowell has a penchant for drama, and his U.S. X Factor has already offered a lot of that. The series’ hosts, Nicole Scherzinger and Steve Jones, were announced earlier this evening, less than 24 hours before they will emcee the first auditions. The other three judges on the reality show are Cowell, Antonio L.A. Reid and Cheryl Cole, marking Cowell’s reunion with his former American Idol cohort Abdul and his sidekick on the U.K. version of X Factor Cole.
Paula Abdul Closes Her Deal For 'X Factor'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'