OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network will preempt its regular programming from 4-5 PM ET when the finale of The Oprah Winfrey Show will air in most East Coast markets to run a message directing viewers to the finale. The cable channel is also planning six days of special Oprah-themed programming May 25-May 30 every night at 8:00 PM ET/PT, and from 11AM-6 PM ET/PT Memorial Day Weekend. “We couldn’t think of a more appropriate way to honor Oprah than for OWN to celebrate her ongoing legacy and enormous contribution to daytime television,” said Peter Liguori, OWN’s interim CEO. “We will all be watching this truly historic event.” Winfrey’s hiatus from the small screen will be brief as she is slated to launch her new nighttime show, Oprah’s Next Chapter, on OWN in January 2012.
OWN To Go Dark During Finale Of 'Oprah Winfrey Show' & Celebrate Oprah For Week
Trending Now on Deadline
Oscar Watch: From Aniston To Bening To Rowlands Best Actress Dark Horses Make Their Move In "Thin" Field
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'