OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network will preempt its regular programming from 4-5 PM ET when the finale of The Oprah Winfrey Show will air in most East Coast markets to run a message directing viewers to the finale. The cable channel is also planning six days of special Oprah-themed programming May 25-May 30 every night at 8:00 PM ET/PT, and from 11AM-6 PM ET/PT Memorial Day Weekend. “We couldn’t think of a more appropriate way to honor Oprah than for OWN to celebrate her ongoing legacy and enormous contribution to daytime television,” said Peter Liguori, OWN’s interim CEO. “We will all be watching this truly historic event.” Winfrey’s hiatus from the small screen will be brief as she is slated to launch her new nighttime show, Oprah’s Next Chapter, on OWN in January 2012.
OWN To Go Dark During Finale Of 'Oprah Winfrey Show' & Celebrate Oprah For Week
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Andreeva
- Resolution Agent Jennifer Good Goes To Paradigm
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' Picked Up For Season 3, Holiday Special By USA