OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network will preempt its regular programming from 4-5 PM ET when the finale of The Oprah Winfrey Show will air in most East Coast markets to run a message directing viewers to the finale. The cable channel is also planning six days of special Oprah-themed programming May 25-May 30 every night at 8:00 PM ET/PT, and from 11AM-6 PM ET/PT Memorial Day Weekend. “We couldn’t think of a more appropriate way to honor Oprah than for OWN to celebrate her ongoing legacy and enormous contribution to daytime television,” said Peter Liguori, OWN’s interim CEO. “We will all be watching this truly historic event.” Winfrey’s hiatus from the small screen will be brief as she is slated to launch her new nighttime show, Oprah’s Next Chapter, on OWN in January 2012.
OWN To Go Dark During Finale Of 'Oprah Winfrey Show' & Celebrate Oprah For Week
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- DC Digital Service To Launch With ‘Titans’ Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And ‘Young Justice: Outsiders…
- ‘Powerless’ Pulled From NBC Schedule
- WGA Contract Talks Resume Today After Hiatus
- NBA Awards Tipping Off In June On TNT
- Jason Jones & Samantha Bee’s ‘The Detour’ Renewed For Season 3 By TBS
- Apple Music Delays Release Of ‘Carpool Karaoke: The Series’