NBC ordered six new comedy series this upfront, more than any other network. But the orders for two of its three midseason half-hours, romantic comedy Bent and BFFs (form. Parham/St. Clair), are for six episodes each. Pickups for all new broadcast series — fall or midseason — are usually for 13 episodes, though some midseason orders are later reduced. While it is usually hard for a show to establish itself with a six-episode order, the two shows can look for inspiration to fellow NBC comedy The Office, which too started off with a six-episode midseason order.
Orders For New NBC Comedy Series 'Bent' & 'BFFs' Are For 6 Eps
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Phantom of the Opera' Drama Set At ABC With Marc Cherry Producing
- Archie Comics Drama Series 'Riverdale' Set At Fox With Greg Berlanti Producing
- Rebecca Creskoff Joins HBO's 'Silicon Valley' As New Regular
- 'CSI' Order Trimmed: Is This The End?
- Kelly McCreary Upped To Regular On 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Kyle Killen Inks First-Look Deal With Paramount TV