NBC ordered six new comedy series this upfront, more than any other network. But the orders for two of its three midseason half-hours, romantic comedy Bent and BFFs (form. Parham/St. Clair), are for six episodes each. Pickups for all new broadcast series — fall or midseason — are usually for 13 episodes, though some midseason orders are later reduced. While it is usually hard for a show to establish itself with a six-episode order, the two shows can look for inspiration to fellow NBC comedy The Office, which too started off with a six-episode midseason order.
Orders For New NBC Comedy Series 'Bent' & 'BFFs' Are For 6 Eps
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
'Mockingjay' Rules Roost; 'Good Dinosaur' Hatches With $29M; 'The Martian' Lands $50M In China - Intl Box Office Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks