NBC ordered six new comedy series this upfront, more than any other network. But the orders for two of its three midseason half-hours, romantic comedy Bent and BFFs (form. Parham/St. Clair), are for six episodes each. Pickups for all new broadcast series — fall or midseason — are usually for 13 episodes, though some midseason orders are later reduced. While it is usually hard for a show to establish itself with a six-episode order, the two shows can look for inspiration to fellow NBC comedy The Office, which too started off with a six-episode midseason order.
Orders For New NBC Comedy Series 'Bent' & 'BFFs' Are For 6 Eps
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate