NBC ordered six new comedy series this upfront, more than any other network. But the orders for two of its three midseason half-hours, romantic comedy Bent and BFFs (form. Parham/St. Clair), are for six episodes each. Pickups for all new broadcast series — fall or midseason — are usually for 13 episodes, though some midseason orders are later reduced. While it is usually hard for a show to establish itself with a six-episode order, the two shows can look for inspiration to fellow NBC comedy The Office, which too started off with a six-episode midseason order.
Orders For New NBC Comedy Series 'Bent' & 'BFFs' Are For 6 Eps
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Comcast CEO Says Growth From NBCU Businesses Will Offset Lower TV Ratings
- Donald Trump: Oscars Host Jimmy Kimmel “Pulled Out The Race Card” Because “They’re Losing Badly”…
- Annie Mumolo To Star In ‘Amy’s Brother’ Fox Comedy Pilot From Melissa McCarthy & Ben Falcone
- Rob Riggle To Topline ABC’s Single Dad Comedy Pilot
- Donald Trump Says He Nixed White House Correspondents’ Dinner Appearance Because They Make Stuff Up
- ‘Moana’ Star Auli’i Cravalho Cast In NBC Pilot ‘Drama High’ From Jason Katims…