NBC ordered six new comedy series this upfront, more than any other network. But the orders for two of its three midseason half-hours, romantic comedy Bent and BFFs (form. Parham/St. Clair), are for six episodes each. Pickups for all new broadcast series — fall or midseason — are usually for 13 episodes, though some midseason orders are later reduced. While it is usually hard for a show to establish itself with a six-episode order, the two shows can look for inspiration to fellow NBC comedy The Office, which too started off with a six-episode midseason order.
Orders For New NBC Comedy Series 'Bent' & 'BFFs' Are For 6 Eps
What's Hot on Deadline
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: 'Wonder' Makes Awards Play; 'Dunkirk' Storms The Q&A Circuit; Netflix Sends A Pig To Voters
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- Peter Baldwin Dies: ‘Mary Tyler Moore’, ‘Wonder Years’ Director Was 86
- Apple Investment In Original Video Will Reach $4.2 Billion By 2022: Report
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy’s Parade Steady, ‘Young…
- Al Franken: “Committed To Regaining Trust”; More Comment Expected Sunday
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement