NBC ordered six new comedy series this upfront, more than any other network. But the orders for two of its three midseason half-hours, romantic comedy Bent and BFFs (form. Parham/St. Clair), are for six episodes each. Pickups for all new broadcast series — fall or midseason — are usually for 13 episodes, though some midseason orders are later reduced. While it is usually hard for a show to establish itself with a six-episode order, the two shows can look for inspiration to fellow NBC comedy The Office, which too started off with a six-episode midseason order.
Orders For New NBC Comedy Series 'Bent' & 'BFFs' Are For 6 Eps
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- Netflix Teams With Formula 1 Racing For New Series
- Bill Maher Says Breitbart & Bannon Just Bitter Hollywood Failures
- ‘The Simpsons’ Offers Fresh Video Send-up Of Trump Foibles: ‘A Tale Of Two Trumps’
- SAG-AFTRA Mourns NYC Firefighter Killed Battling Blaze On Movie Set
- DuShon Monique Brown Dies: ‘Chicago Fire’ Actress Was 49
- ‘Steps’: Ryan Michelle Bathe Cast As A Lead In ABC Comedy Pilot