NBC ordered six new comedy series this upfront, more than any other network. But the orders for two of its three midseason half-hours, romantic comedy Bent and BFFs (form. Parham/St. Clair), are for six episodes each. Pickups for all new broadcast series — fall or midseason — are usually for 13 episodes, though some midseason orders are later reduced. While it is usually hard for a show to establish itself with a six-episode order, the two shows can look for inspiration to fellow NBC comedy The Office, which too started off with a six-episode midseason order.
Orders For New NBC Comedy Series 'Bent' & 'BFFs' Are For 6 Eps
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- Samira Wiley Joins Hulu’s ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’
- ‘I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead’: Netflix Spins Trailer & Date For Docu On DJ Steve Aoki
- Ron Howard Docuseries ‘Breakthrough’ Renewed For Season 2 By Nat Geo Channel
- Alicia Silverstone To Star In ‘American Woman’ TV Land Pilot Inspired By Kyle Richards
- 20th TV Ups Ken Lawson To SVP & General Sales Manager For Broadcast Syndie Sales
- ‘American Crime’: Timothy Hutton Set To Return For Season 3