This just isn’t Donald Trump’s weekend. First on Saturday he was skewered by President Barack Obama at the White House Correspondents Dinner because of Trump’s relentless attacks relating to Obama’s birth certificate. Then tonight, the news that Osama bin Laden had been killed by an Obama-ordered U.S. Navy Seals mission broke in the middle of Trump’s Celebrity Apprentice boardroom scene on the East Coast. The broadcast networks all interrupted their regular programming around 10:45 PM ET. Quipped one Twitter user: “Donald Trump demands Osama Bin Laden’s death certificate.” The broadcast networks also pre-empted their programming to carry President Obama’s address to the nation about Bin Laden’s death at around 8:30 PM PT (11:30 PM ET). By 9 PM PT, the regular lineups had returned except on ABC, which stuck with news coverage over Desperate Housewives. A new episode of the dramedy started at 10 PM. As for the actual news of Bin Laden’s killing, like so many other big stories these days, it was not broken by a news organization but by Twitter. Keith Urbahn, the chief of staff for former defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld, was the first to tweet it some 20 minutes before the networks announced it.
Obama Trumps Donald Trump Yet Again
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- USA To Redevelop ‘Brooklyn Animal Control’ Pilot, Passes On ‘Poor Richard's Almanack’
- Kelly Macdonald To Star In ‘Black Mirror’ Episode On Netflix
- Ashton Kutcher Sitcom ‘The Ranch’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix
- Allison Janney Revives C.J. Cregg For White House Press Briefing
- Larry Wilmore On White House Correspondents’ Dinner: “I’m Going To Open With A Yo Mama So Fat Joke”
- John Krasinski To Star In ‘Jack Ryan’ Amazon TV Series From Carlton Cuse & Paramount TV