EXCLUSIVE: TV Land successfully ventured into original series with multicamera comedies headlined by famous sitcom stars. Now another cable network whose brand is built on reruns of classic sitcoms, Nick at Nite, is looking to do the same with a project created by and starring Happy Days alum Scott Baio. Nick at Nite, the primetime and overnight block of Nickelodeon, is developing Daddy’s Home, a multicamera half-hour starring Baio as a stay-at-home dad. Tina Albanese and Pat Labyorteaux (CSI) are writing the script and executive producing alongside Baio, Eric Bischoff and Jason Hervey, creator/exec producer and co-star on Baio’s reality series Scott Baio Is 45 … And Single. After 10 years of being spoiled and pampered as America’s favorite “TV Dad,” ironically unprepared David Hobbs (Baio) becomes a stay-at-home father to his three young children in order to honor the deal he made with his soap opera star wife so that she may return to the limelight. Nick at Nite announced a push in original programming in 2008 with the acquisition of the Michael Eisner-produced animated series Glenn Martin D.D.S. but has been quiet on the original-series front since and is yet to launch a live-action scripted series besides the short-lived 1991 collaboration with ABC Hi Honey, I’m Home. Daddy’s Home was packaged by CAA, which reps Bischoff and Hervey. Baio is with Talentworks.
Nick At Nite To Test Original Comedy Waters With Scott Baio Sitcom
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report
- ‘Rellik’ & ‘The Miniaturist’ Head To China Via Streaming Service iQIYI
- BBC Upgrades Scandinavian Crime Drama ‘The Bridge’ To BBC Two