EXCLUSIVE: I’m told that New Line closed a deal Friday night for The Watching Hour, a horror film written by Carey and Shane Van Dyke that will be produced by Mary Parent and Michael Connolly of Mad Hatter Entertainment. The spec’s described as a home invasion film, only with aliens. Still trying to get confirmation, but I’ve heard the writers are the grandsons of the great comic actor Dick Van Dyke. Paradigm brokered the deal.
New Line Scares Up Spec Deal For 'The Watching Hour'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Empire' Ratings Fall To Low As Dolly Parton Movie Wins In Viewers; 'Arrow' Hits Season Highs With Mega-Crossover
Latest Film News
- Pharrell Williams On His ‘Hidden Figures’ Contribution: “It Made Sense For Everything We Stand For”
- Haim Saban Slams DNC Chair Hopeful Keith Ellison: “Anti-Semitic And Anti-Israel”
- Johnny Depp, Sam Raimi & Others Contribute To Film By 16-Year Old Cancer Patient
- ‘Jackie’ Review: Natalie Portman Astonishes With A Side Of Jackie Kennedy Never Before Seen
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: When Warren Met Kirk; #OscarsSoWhite A Thing Of The Past?
- ‘Aquaman’ To Swim Into Theaters October 2018