EXCLUSIVE: I’m told that New Line closed a deal Friday night for The Watching Hour, a horror film written by Carey and Shane Van Dyke that will be produced by Mary Parent and Michael Connolly of Mad Hatter Entertainment. The spec’s described as a home invasion film, only with aliens. Still trying to get confirmation, but I’ve heard the writers are the grandsons of the great comic actor Dick Van Dyke. Paradigm brokered the deal.
New Line Scares Up Spec Deal For 'The Watching Hour'
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
It Will Soon Be Illegal For Studios To Verify Salary Quotes: Hollywood Dealmakers Brace For California Labor Code 432.3
Latest Film News
- Oscars: A Preview Of Foreign Language Shortlist Possibles From A World Of Cinema
- Fox Studio Lot Staying In The Murdoch Fold Post-Disney Deal
- Warner Bros Settles $1B ‘Conjuring’ Suit; “Mastermind” Producer Unmasked
- ‘Suburbicon’ Costume Designer Jenny Eagan On “Old Schooling” Her Way To Eerie ’50s…
- A Look At The Leading Contenders In This Year’s Oscar Best Animated Feature Race
- Sufjan Stevens Nearly Played The Narrator In Luca Guadagnino’s “Call Me By Your Name”