EXCLUSIVE: I’m told that New Line closed a deal Friday night for The Watching Hour, a horror film written by Carey and Shane Van Dyke that will be produced by Mary Parent and Michael Connolly of Mad Hatter Entertainment. The spec’s described as a home invasion film, only with aliens. Still trying to get confirmation, but I’ve heard the writers are the grandsons of the great comic actor Dick Van Dyke. Paradigm brokered the deal.
New Line Scares Up Spec Deal For 'The Watching Hour'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Ruth Negga, Casey Affleck & More Wear Blue Ribbon In Support Of ACLU
- Pete Hammond’s Final Oscar Predictions In Every Category
- Meryl Streep Fires Back At Karl Lagerfeld Over Oscar Dress Comments
- Oscar Nominee 'My Life As a Zucchini' Opens Solid; Spirit Winner 'Moonlight' Over $22M – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor Neil Fingleton Dies: UK’s Tallest Man Was 36
- Harvey Weinstein On Oscar Races & The Truth Behind ‘Shakespeare In Love’ Vs ‘Saving Private Ryan’