EXCLUSIVE: I’m told that New Line closed a deal Friday night for The Watching Hour, a horror film written by Carey and Shane Van Dyke that will be produced by Mary Parent and Michael Connolly of Mad Hatter Entertainment. The spec’s described as a home invasion film, only with aliens. Still trying to get confirmation, but I’ve heard the writers are the grandsons of the great comic actor Dick Van Dyke. Paradigm brokered the deal.
New Line Scares Up Spec Deal For 'The Watching Hour'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Hollywood Reacts To Donald Trump Inauguration: No Joke, Tweets Alec Baldwin, “Country Is Lost”
- Chris Columbus’ 1492 Facing Counter Suit In Payments Dispute With Ocean Blue – Update
- ‘The Big Sick’: Deadline’s Sundance Series Panel Livestream
- Shia LaBeouf Kicks Off 4-Year Anti-Trump Live Stream At Museum Of The Moving Image
- ‘Killing Ground’ Sundance Clip: When Campfire Horror Stories Get Real