With such strong ratings for The Voice, NBC probably wishes it had it run all during the regular season, but it now is getting more out of the singing competition series by expanding its live performance shows from one to two hours. Beginning June 7, The Voice will run from 9-11 PM on Tuesdays, following America’s Got Talent. Talent will keep its Tuesday, May 31 premiere date as previously scheduled — but now from 8-10 PM — and then air hourlong episodes at 8 PM beginning June 7. The veteran reality series will begin its live shows on Tuesday, July 5 from 9-11 PM for the remainder of the summer season as previously scheduled and result shows on Wednesdays from 9-10 PM. Through its first three weeks on the air, The Voice has averaged a 5.3/13 share in adults 18-49 and 11.8 million viewers overall, making it the top new series of the season in adults 18-49.
NBC's 'The Voice' To Do Expanded Live Shows
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'