With all the attention on the new series pickups at NBC, let’s not forget that the network has been eyeing another new series on tap for next season that has larger order than any of the newly picked-up shows – The Firm. I hear the deal for a 22-episode straight-to-series order to the project based on John Grisham’s best-seller is now done and the network has taped a clip with Grisham for its Monday upfront presentation. The series, from eOne in association with Sony Pictures Networks and Paramount Pictures, is being readied for a September launch though it is unclear if NBC will commit to it being on the fall schedule before casting has been done. The series, which also will be broadcast on Sony’s AXN networks in more than 125 territories internationally, picks up 10 years after the 1993 feature left off.
NBC's 'The Firm' To Be Ready For Fall
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Robert Redford Slams Harvey Weinstein, Declares Hollywood "Tipping Point" During Sundance Opening Presser
Latest TV News
- Peter Mayle Dies; ‘A Year In Provence’ & ‘A Good Year’ Author Was 78
- Israeli Drama ‘In A Heartbeat’ & Irish Crime Thriller ‘Costigan’ Lead Berlin Co-Pro Lineup
- BBC Worldwide Content Chief Helen Jackson To Depart After 31 Years
- Sony Pictures Television Sets Up UK-Based Non-Scripted Label Human
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87
- Freeform Unveils New Logo & “A Little Forward” Tagline