With all the attention on the new series pickups at NBC, let’s not forget that the network has been eyeing another new series on tap for next season that has larger order than any of the newly picked-up shows – The Firm. I hear the deal for a 22-episode straight-to-series order to the project based on John Grisham’s best-seller is now done and the network has taped a clip with Grisham for its Monday upfront presentation. The series, from eOne in association with Sony Pictures Networks and Paramount Pictures, is being readied for a September launch though it is unclear if NBC will commit to it being on the fall schedule before casting has been done. The series, which also will be broadcast on Sony’s AXN networks in more than 125 territories internationally, picks up 10 years after the 1993 feature left off.
NBC's 'The Firm' To Be Ready For Fall
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Comedy Central SVP Original Programming Gary Mann To Depart
- Keith Cox Officially Named President, Development & Production, For Paramount Network & TV Land
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ Renewed For Season 52 By NBC
- Helen Mirren To Narrate ‘Cries From Syria’ For HBO Bow
- Georgia King To Topline ‘Raised By Wolves’ ABC Comedy Pilot From Diablo Cody & Berlanti Prods.
- Sean Spicer: Donald Trump Has “Healthy Respect For Press” And “Deep Respect For 1st Amendment”