The networks normally pull their big guns in the fall with a few exceptions, like Fox’s 24 and American Idol and ABC’s Lost. But word is that NBC may be shifting a lot of resources to midseason when the network is expected to get a boost from the Super Bowl (barring an implosion of the football season because of the NFL-players negotiations), the Golden Globes and possibly breakout reality hit The Voice. “You want to be on NBC in midseason,” one industry insider said. The Voice, which has not been formally renewed yet, of course will return for a second season. Since its first cycle won’t conclude until end of June, it feels better suited for midseason but there is speculation that NBC may summon it for fall. There is also talk that the network may pair the hot singing competition with one of NBC’s hottest new dramas, which also features music elements, the Broadway-themed Smash. And, as we previously noted, NBC is considering opening a female-skewing comedy block midweek.
NBC To Make Big Push In Midseason? 'Smash' To Be Paired With 'The Voice'?
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story’ At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson’s Supreme ‘Coven’ Character Returning In…
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…