The networks normally pull their big guns in the fall with a few exceptions, like Fox’s 24 and American Idol and ABC’s Lost. But word is that NBC may be shifting a lot of resources to midseason when the network is expected to get a boost from the Super Bowl (barring an implosion of the football season because of the NFL-players negotiations), the Golden Globes and possibly breakout reality hit The Voice. “You want to be on NBC in midseason,” one industry insider said. The Voice, which has not been formally renewed yet, of course will return for a second season. Since its first cycle won’t conclude until end of June, it feels better suited for midseason but there is speculation that NBC may summon it for fall. There is also talk that the network may pair the hot singing competition with one of NBC’s hottest new dramas, which also features music elements, the Broadway-themed Smash. And, as we previously noted, NBC is considering opening a female-skewing comedy block midweek.
NBC To Make Big Push In Midseason? 'Smash' To Be Paired With 'The Voice'?
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Latest TV News
- Amy Sherman-Palladino Tells Women Stage Directors ‘Broadway Is Heaven’ – But Some Demur
- Genie Francis, ‘General Hospital’s Laura, Bumped Down To Recurring Status On ABC Soap
- ‘History Of Them’: Lisa Vidal, Felix Solis & Amit Shah Join Cast As Multi-Cultural Comedy Gets Formal Pilot Order…
- CBS Orders Drama Pilot ‘Murder’, Comedy ‘I Mom So Hard’ From Warner Bros. TV
- ‘The Alienist’ Review: Nothing Alienating About TNT’s Deft 19th Century Drama
- NBC Orders ‘The Enemy Within’ Drama Pilot From Ken Woodruff & Vernon Sanders