The networks normally pull their big guns in the fall with a few exceptions, like Fox’s 24 and American Idol and ABC’s Lost. But word is that NBC may be shifting a lot of resources to midseason when the network is expected to get a boost from the Super Bowl (barring an implosion of the football season because of the NFL-players negotiations), the Golden Globes and possibly breakout reality hit The Voice. “You want to be on NBC in midseason,” one industry insider said. The Voice, which has not been formally renewed yet, of course will return for a second season. Since its first cycle won’t conclude until end of June, it feels better suited for midseason but there is speculation that NBC may summon it for fall. There is also talk that the network may pair the hot singing competition with one of NBC’s hottest new dramas, which also features music elements, the Broadway-themed Smash. And, as we previously noted, NBC is considering opening a female-skewing comedy block midweek.
NBC To Make Big Push In Midseason? 'Smash' To Be Paired With 'The Voice'?
What's Hot on Deadline
Looking Under 'Logan Lucky's Hood As 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Stands Tall With $21M Opening - Saturday AM Update
FX Acquires 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Logan', 'Girls Trip', 'Despicable Me 3', 'War For The Planet of the Apes' & More Movies
Latest TV News
- ‘Mr. Robot’ Season 3 Clip: Rami Malek’s Elliot Interrupted At Hacker Tournament
- ‘Real Time’: Former Celeb Apprentice Hopeful Penn Jillette Slams Donald Trump
- Steve Bannon On Exit: “I've Got My Hands Back On My Weapons”
- FX Acquires ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’, ‘Logan’, ‘Girls Trip’, ‘Despicable Me 3’, ‘War For The Planet of the Apes’…
- ‘Westworld’s Thandie Newton On HBO’s Series Strengths, Season 2 & Freedom — Emmys
- Kim Kardashian To Co-Host ‘Live With Kelly And Ryan’ This Month