The networks normally pull their big guns in the fall with a few exceptions, like Fox’s 24 and American Idol and ABC’s Lost. But word is that NBC may be shifting a lot of resources to midseason when the network is expected to get a boost from the Super Bowl (barring an implosion of the football season because of the NFL-players negotiations), the Golden Globes and possibly breakout reality hit The Voice. “You want to be on NBC in midseason,” one industry insider said. The Voice, which has not been formally renewed yet, of course will return for a second season. Since its first cycle won’t conclude until end of June, it feels better suited for midseason but there is speculation that NBC may summon it for fall. There is also talk that the network may pair the hot singing competition with one of NBC’s hottest new dramas, which also features music elements, the Broadway-themed Smash. And, as we previously noted, NBC is considering opening a female-skewing comedy block midweek.
NBC To Make Big Push In Midseason? 'Smash' To Be Paired With 'The Voice'?
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Will Big Chain Exhibitors Bypass MoviePass & Create Their Own Monthly Movie Ticket Clubs? - CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- ‘She’s Gotta Have It’s DeWanda Wise Discusses Nola Darling, A Fierce Black Female Icon…
- Teasing ‘GLOW’ Season 2, Betty Gilpin Unleashes Her Inner Gravitas Clown — Tribeca Studio
- ‘Wango Tango’ Summer Concert Will Be Televised Via Freeform
- ABC News Makes It Official: Amy Robach To Co-Anchor ‘20/20’
- BBC Developing Entertainment Competition Format ‘First And Last’ From Endemol Shine’s Zeppotron
- ‘American Idol’ First: Simulcast Will Allow Live Voting Across The US