The networks normally pull their big guns in the fall with a few exceptions, like Fox’s 24 and American Idol and ABC’s Lost. But word is that NBC may be shifting a lot of resources to midseason when the network is expected to get a boost from the Super Bowl (barring an implosion of the football season because of the NFL-players negotiations), the Golden Globes and possibly breakout reality hit The Voice. “You want to be on NBC in midseason,” one industry insider said. The Voice, which has not been formally renewed yet, of course will return for a second season. Since its first cycle won’t conclude until end of June, it feels better suited for midseason but there is speculation that NBC may summon it for fall. There is also talk that the network may pair the hot singing competition with one of NBC’s hottest new dramas, which also features music elements, the Broadway-themed Smash. And, as we previously noted, NBC is considering opening a female-skewing comedy block midweek.
NBC To Make Big Push In Midseason? 'Smash' To Be Paired With 'The Voice'?
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Slams ‘Bait’-Taking Liberals & Huggy, Panda-Loving TV Journalists
- UTA Rally: “This Is Our Time To Resist,” Jodie Foster Tells Crowd; Asghar Farhadi Speaks Via Video – Watch
- Lenny Platt Joins CBS Pilot ‘Perfect Citizen’; Demetrius Grosse Cast In NBC’s ‘For God And Country…
- ‘Sun Records’ Off To Strong Ratings Start On CMT
- Trond Fausa & Dan Gill Join Fox’s ‘Thin Ice’ Comedy Pilot
- Erinn Westbrook & Michael Provost Join ‘Insatiable’; Brooke Lyons In ‘Life Sentence’