NBC is developing a prime-time newsmagazine series with NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams as host, according to a published report, and it could be announced as early as Monday during the network’s upfront presentation in New York. The Wall Street Journal reported that the show could air as soon as the fall as NBC tries to dig out of its prime-time woes. The report also said other NBC News personalities, including Today host Meredith Vieira, are expected to contribute.
NBC Eyeing Brian Williams In Primetime?
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Quiet Place' Still Noisy With $21M+; 'I Feel Pretty' $18M; 'Super Troopers 2' Arrests $16M - Saturday Update
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Jane the Virgin' Finale': Series Creator On That Shocking Twist, 'Dallas'-Inspired Cliffhanger, Season 5 & Show's Endgame
'Love, Gilda' Director On Meeting Gene Wilder & Why Some Gilda Radner 'SNL' Peers Aren't In The Doc - Tribeca
Latest TV News
- James Cameron Speaks Out On New AMC Sci Fi Series, Oscar Snubs, A Return To ‘Terminator’, And The Effect Of Fox/Disney Merger On…
- The Week In Deadline Video & Podcasts: Maggie Gyllenhaal, Darren Criss, Frankie Shaw
- ‘Meghan Markle’ Dips While ‘Jane The Virgin’ Steady In Friday Ratings
- Robert Durst Admits He May Have Said Too Much In HBO Series ‘The Jinx’
- Bill Maher Asks Michael Avenatti If He Will Run For Office
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Renewed For Season 15 By ABC