NBC is developing a prime-time newsmagazine series with NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams as host, according to a published report, and it could be announced as early as Monday during the network’s upfront presentation in New York. The Wall Street Journal reported that the show could air as soon as the fall as NBC tries to dig out of its prime-time woes. The report also said other NBC News personalities, including Today host Meredith Vieira, are expected to contribute.
NBC Eyeing Brian Williams In Primetime?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Larry Wilmore Savages Media, Ignites Controversy During White House Correspondents' Dinner Skewering
Latest TV News
- Larry Wilmore Defends Use Of “Colloquialism” At Correspondents’ Dinner
- British Columbia Lowers Film & TV Tax Credit
- Tracy Scott Dies: Veteran Script Supervisor On Four Best Picture Oscar Nominees Was 46
- Syfy SVPs Paul Shapiro & Erik Storey Exit Amid Restructuring
- Ashley Sawyer Dies: MTV ‘Catfish’ Subject Was 23
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Video: Viewers Can Take The Lead In Virtual Reality